Mounting Front Driving Lights - Stock Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll post up contact info to the shop next week / upon making sure they can replicate these / we find ALU works better. Should be zero problems now.
Any updates?

Will text them tomorrow.... they primarily do suspension, re-gearing, etc so this was a little side project so I tread lightly. But, I think we're at a point where you can just call them as this second version seems great. I'll DM you tomorrow with contact info after I text them that I'm doin' it.
Email sent - they are ready! TX Overland has the contact info as well.... either of us can share it with you :). Sorry for delays, wanted them right.

Email sent - they are ready! TX Overland has the contact info as well.... either of us can share it with you :). Sorry for delays, wanted them right.
Email sent, did you have a final pic of your rig with lights mounted?

Curious to see the final product and install requirements.
They dont look any different than the original photos but that I've swapped the yellow winter lenses for clear.... bracket changes were behind the bumper. Wish I could help on install requirements but dont know much beyond they used existing holes and DID remove the bumper cover...... My (uninformed) understanding is that the art was making the brackets and that the install is relatively simple.

He got back to me, says he is wanting to add some reinforcement to the original design, so not quite ready

Did you keep the stock shocks? Any dive after install? Thanks.
I know this isn’t an ironman thread, but to followup on your question, the AHC does a beautiful job of keeping everything at the right level. The LX drives perfectly and I don’t even notice extra dip when braking or anything. I’m really happy with the bumper so far. The first bumper ironman sent me was damaged by UPS and they were really cool about shipping me another one really quickly and with a different freight company. The second one was immaculate.

83885CE8-D48E-48E5-B4E0-A9312157799C.jpeg

20FDEA50-8DF9-449E-BB6F-66239618A029.jpeg

I know this isn’t an ironman thread, but to followup on your question, the AHC does a beautiful job of keeping everything at the right level. The LX drives perfectly and I don’t even notice extra dip when braking or anything. I’m really happy with the bumper so far. The first bumper ironman sent me was damaged by UPS and they were really cool about shipping me another one really quickly and with a different freight company. The second one was immaculate.

View attachment 2654526

View attachment 2654527

you may need a little more of a gap on the cut line for your bumper. I have more than that and have had to pop the bumper skin on due to flexing of the bumper off road.

you may need a little more of a gap on the cut line for your bumper. I have more than that and have had to pop the bumper skin on due to flexing of the bumper off road.
Yep, thanks. I probably do and will play it by ear. For now I’m just glad to have the vehicle back after it being down for 3 or 4 weeks while I waited for a second bumper to be shipped. The first was damaged.

Mounts and Finished Install:

Photo May 11, 3 53 58 PM.jpeg
Photo May 11, 3 54 08 PM.jpeg

Photo May 11, 5 16 20 PM.jpeg
Photo May 11, 3 54 19 PM.jpeg

The 12mm nut/bolt at the end of the bar in the above pic goes through the aluminum crash bumper using existing holes so no modifications were done and this all can be removed.
Photo May 11, 3 54 28 PM.jpeg
Grille is not cut or modified either.

Photo May 11, 4 02 42 PM.jpeg
Photo May 11, 4 02 52 PM.jpeg
Photo May 11, 6 01 14 PM.jpeg
Photo May 11, 3 54 08 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom