Mounting for Genuine Warn Contactor on 8274 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
Tomorrow I plan to mount up my new Warn contactor onto my old 8272. My initial dry fit seems to indicate that the short cables are going to be a bear to get turned/aligned so they get to the posts on the motor given the contactor box facing forward. I'm hoping someone else has gone down this road before.

Pics for context.

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 8.38.42 PM.png
PXL_20220813_001417945.jpeg

Tomorrow I plan to mount up my new Warn contactor onto my old 8272. My initial dry fit seems to indicate that the short cables are going to be a bear to get turned/aligned so they get to the posts on the motor given the contactor box facing forward. I'm hoping someone else has gone down this road before.

Pics for context.

View attachment 3085268View attachment 3085269

Yes, it can be a tight squeeze, depending on how you mount the contactor. Also, your modern solenoid cover looks smaller than the old-style rectangular cover that most of us have.

Here's how I did mine (though I used the Superwinch contactor, not a Warn part). It was a very tight fit:

IMG_0776.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

I have to assume it bolts up since warn...
What seems to be the actual problem?
Like @1911 mentioned, most of us are building our own setups. I noted that none of the cables are equal length on any of my builds. Those look like they are all the same. I found opening the holes on the cables can help fitting.

The problem was the cables are short and thick and therefore very stiff. I considered building my own but when I added up the cost of the contactor the cables and hardware plus the time it would take for all the work, it just wasn't worth it to me.

It's funny you mentioned that it should bolt up because it's a Warn product. As it turns out the nuts that were supplied for the three posts and the bolt for the ground where all the wrong thread. I used the old ones that I had and they work just fine. My winch is pretty old so I suspect that's the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom