Mountain Bikes - show/tell me how you lug yours around! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kuat NV rack with the kuat pivot attachement.

DC06EB2C-D058-4139-830E-B42C4C23A030.jpeg

Which 1UP do you guys recommend? I've been tossing 2-4 bikes in the back of my 4Runner for months now and i'd like a rack solution.
Had a 1up for 2 bikes and it was great! Went to 4 bikes and it sucked, huge, heavy,... sold it and got a north shore-4, been happy ever since.

What are your thoughts on this? I've been thinking about getting a pivot to use with my 1UP so I can actually access my tailgate.

It's one of those things you don't order right away because of price...then you buy it, and realize you should have ordered it a while ago. I love it. The pivot lives on my truck now, and I just take off the bike rack once in a while if I'm going to the trials for a while.

I have not yet worked out how I'm going to fit my existing 1-Up rack on my 2014 LC with ARB split rear bumper while still maintaining the ability to open the bumpers and the tailgate, but I was able to fit two bikes --along with two weeks worth of stuff --in the back of the truck with ease. Our trip was mostly centered around non-biking activities so I needed to be able to secure the bikes inside the truck. It only took about 30 minutes at the beginning and end of each ride to setup/breakdown the bikes because I was not shipping these things and thus didn't need to be too fussy about the packing. Also, carried both front wheels in seperate boxes.

IMG_20201003_092848.jpg

Any of you guys get tired of your 1Up racks, let me know. I can't find any deals on used ones.

Any of you guys get tired of your 1Up racks, let me know. I can't find any deals on used ones.
Good luck. Up my way a nice used one sells for 80-90% of new. I sold my 4 bike for $850, the 2 bike main rack was 5 years old the two one bike add ones were <1 year old. They are one of those small volume well built products where demand > supply. They hold their value extremely well.

I know, that's why I want one :)

Had a 1up for 2 bikes and it was great! Went to 4 bikes and it sucked, huge, heavy,... sold it and got a north shore-4, been happy ever since.

What's your best guess on the weight difference between the two? I have the OG NV that definitely weighs more than the 1Up. I've only had it on my 5th Gen 4R and it felt like a trailer. I'm thinking the NS might be the way to go!!

What's your best guess on the weight difference between the two? I have the OG NV that definitely weighs more than the 1Up. I've only had it on my 5th Gen 4R and it felt like a trailer. I'm thinking the NS might be the way to go!!
My 1up was ~90 lbs, hung almost 6’ off the bumper and off the truck took up almost as much floor space as my wife’s car. My NS is <40 lbs and almost folds flat. For 2 bikes the 1up was great. 4 bikes NS is better in every way.

My 1up was ~90 lbs, hung almost 6’ off the bumper and off the truck took up almost as much floor space as my wife’s car. My NS is <40 lbs and almost folds flat. For 2 bikes the 1up was great. 4 bikes NS is better in every way.

Right on! That's what I was hoping to hear!

I hate to sell a perfectly good rack, especially one that is made by company that's headquarters is only 3 hours away from me, but the NS makes a lot of sense!!

Yeah, I hear you on the weight/size of the 4 bike platform racks. I'm looking for a single or a double since it's I'm driving solo most of the time.

Huge fan of the 1up racks. I bought my 80 just to be my mountain bike machine and use my 1up racks and I'm not sure I could be happier with the whole solution.

Only downside is that I cannot open the hatch all the way without (1) folding down the rack or (2) having no bikes on the back. Opening it just a little to throw helmets, etc in there works just fine however!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom