For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

What do you guys think about this one? Guy is asking $14,900 but he said he is not firm. It was a FL truck up until this past summer and I don't see much rust. The carfax looks okay with 62 service records and 2 previous owners but it did have a light accident in 2011 to the drivers front.

Seller's Description​

246,999 miles 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser. Car is originally from Orlando, car was driven back here. Car is rust free, runs and drives very well and looks the part too. Following service has been done in the last 2k miles: Fresh oil change amsoil Front driveshaft u joint replaced at Toyota Front caliper replaced at Toyota Front sway bar bushings replaced at Toyota New KYB struts Aisin water pump Oem new thermostat Toyota Drive belts Front and rear diff fluid changed Denso spark plugs New knock sensor New oem rear marker lights Stack of receipts from previous owner.
274878827_1319848941862747_4720850066642855213_n.jpg

274535140_1319849001862741_1821135296845707456_n.jpg

274809793_1319848888529419_4078419391100241617_n.jpg
It appears to be a good deal. Even better if he’s willing to negotiate.

Not mine, no affiliation. 1994 with lockers on Denver Craigslist for $5k. Has some not minor but certainly repairable front end collision damage.

crash 80.jpg

"Service at TLC 4×4 in Chatsworth, California in January 2020 totaled over $36k (!!!) and included overhauling the brakes, suspension, and drivetrain, as well as replacing the tires, ignition components, battery, alternator, radiator, water pump, and exhaust system."

Who spends $36k on their truck at the mechanic? That sounds more like a frame off resto on a 66 Corvette lol
"Service at TLC..." AKA sister company to ICON.

Been looking in Socal for a decent deal and man is it rough, waited about 3 months for a good listing to pop up and the next day it was sold because another buyer showed up faster lol.

been leaning towards this one but the fact that he may have done the wiring himself for the audio and backup camera makes me nervous, people half ass eletrical so much... https://offerup.com/item/detail/1378743601?q=toyota+land+cruiser&cid=5.1

Been looking in Socal for a decent deal and man is it rough, waited about 3 months for a good listing to pop up and the next day it was sold because another buyer showed up faster lol.

been leaning towards this one but the fact that he may have done the wiring himself for the audio and backup camera makes me nervous, people half ass eletrical so much... https://offerup.com/item/detail/1378743601?q=toyota+land+cruiser&cid=5.1

The Lexus is the best option from the ones you listed, imo.

The Lexus is the best option from the ones you listed, imo.
Seems like it to me as well, but I really, really don’t like the plastic cladding :(

Which I know is dumb lol, but when spending so much on a car it’ll bug me. Also the green one on OfferUp the engine work was basically a full rebuild ha

the Lexus has a rolled back ODO

That's no bueno. I didn't notice that in the ads. As for the cladding, that can be removed and all the holes welded. Painful but doable.
Yeah I don’t mess with ODO s***, especially in California. It’s not in the ads, I ran the plates and got the VIN and then ran it on the carfax odo tool (free). He didn’t say anything when I confronted him about it haha

What do you consider a "good deal" in SoCal these days?

What do you consider a "good deal" in SoCal these days?
Without getting lucky, $8-10k. Expect 220-260 miles, but stock and complete/not missing anything or major problems. A few good ones have slipped through my fingers lol. I’d be willing to up my price depending on condition. I’m playing the long game as it will be a secondary camper and for going on trails.

Without getting lucky, $8-10k. Expect 220-260 miles, but stock and complete/not missing anything or major problems. A few good ones have slipped through my fingers lol. I’d be willing to up my price depending on condition. I’m playing the long game as it will be a secondary camper and for going on trails.

If you have a set price range and the rig isn't a necessity the long game will pan out.

Lol found this one, buyer asking $4, might be able to get for less than $3 though. Diamond in the rough or total turd?

issues: some kind of exhaust leak (appears to be where the mid pipe meets the exhaust manifold), needs some vacuum lines, idles little rough but higher speed/RPM smooths out, sat for 3-4 years (tags are paid though, and passed smog even though it doesn't have CA cats), messed up speedo wiring, missing all speakers/head unit, paint is s***, idle control valve wiring is also screwed up, old tires, need new heater control valve (has the part, need installation)

i always have a soft spot for cars that need love because I enjoy fixing stuff, but not sure even at the dirt cheap price it would be worth it. also if this should go in another thread or one on its own let me know haha, new to the forum.

Saw this 96 today listed near me--seems like a good deal, no lockers but new HG at 190k and all new hoses etc. IMO it has the best-looking color on an 80 series too. This one has me wishing I'd been more patient and didn't buy last summer when the market was peaking.
1651863257862.png

Hey man, the more the merrier...

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone made a list of sites for where to post a Land Cruiser for sale? I spent some time digging through this thread and looking for others, but didn't see anything outside of the ordinary Craigslist, Autotrader, ebay (and here, of course). Does anyone have other recommendations?

The vehicle in question is my Albuquerque neighbor's '97, 202K, excellent cosmetic condition, runs well, new head gasket last month, rebuilt front axles in the last three years. Outside of the wheels, which were replaced with some after market ones, it's bone stock. Someone told her she could get $20-25K, which seems crazy because it doesn't have lockers, but I'd guess she might find a buyer in the $15-20 range.

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone made a list of sites for where to post a Land Cruiser for sale? I spent some time digging through this thread and looking for others, but didn't see anything outside of the ordinary Craigslist, Autotrader, ebay (and here, of course). Does anyone have other recommendations?

The vehicle in question is my Albuquerque neighbor's '97, 202K, excellent cosmetic condition, runs well, new head gasket last month, rebuilt front axles in the last three years. Outside of the wheels, which were replaced with some after market ones, it's bone stock. Someone told her she could get $20-25K, which seems crazy because it doesn't have lockers, but I'd guess she might find a buyer in the $15-20 range.
Bringatrailer if in REALLY good shape.

Hi Everyone,

Agree with @jaymar bringatrailer brings people with a lot of money. Oftentimes people with more money than sense. I’ve seen rough rigs on there too. Doesn’t have to be pristine. Just has to be desirable. It’s been hit or miss with cruisers but if the seller invests some time into detailing the rig and invests in presentation, that can means thousands to the bottom line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom