For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

The Green Bastard set me back $14500
That’s a very good deal. You’re saving a lot of money vs buying stock and building it up. Now you just have to wheel the snot out of it!

Depends on how fast I needed to sell it and the cost to sell on bat with a reserve
I thought BAT was a flat fee to list. Basically $349 with pro-photos and they create listing. Do they charge for a reserve?

Just sold a 1991 HDJ81 VX limited on BaT. Very nice unit, only 88k miles. Factory winch, triple locked, excellent paint, pretty much everything works. Sold for $27,750, which is $750 less than i bought it for. I put in a lot of work though. I feel the buyer did pretty well.

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ81 VX Limited Turbodiesel

Just sold a 1991 HDJ81 VX limited on BaT. Very nice unit, only 88k miles. Factory winch, triple locked, excellent paint, pretty much everything works. Sold for $27,750, which is $750 less than i bought it for. I put in a lot of work though. I feel the buyer did pretty well.

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ81 VX Limited Turbodiesel

I think I saw it locally for sale too? Clean example.

Just bought on Christmas Eve a clean title 202k miles 1997 40th Emerald Green with no lockers for $5300. Needs new radiator (probably an entire coolant overhaul) and has another oil leak somewhere else. Paint is in rough shape but body is pretty straight. Interior head liner is beat (possible smoker) as well as driver seat with rips/tears. Zero rust underneath is what sold me on it.
265559087_755588061991032_7490946437884785472_n.jpg

Just bought on Christmas Eve a clean title 202k miles 1997 40th Emerald Green with no lockers for $5300. Needs new radiator (probably an entire coolant overhaul) and has another oil leak somewhere else. Paint is in rough shape but body is pretty straight. Interior head liner is beat (possible smoker) as well as driver seat with rips/tears. Zero rust underneath is what sold me on it.View attachment 2878045
Dang that looks like a 2015 price to me! Seems like the market for these has really cooled off since the summer.

^^^^^
Condition, condition, condition! Bad paint, interior, etc. will take a mint to bring up to nice condition if desired.
Still, it's a good entry price for a driver.

The 80 has now appreciated past the point of transitory. Were 100's and 200's will plummet during the next correction 80's will not drop as drastically.

Left hand drive, lockers, and mileage have proven to be value points. However BAT only proven the main data point n value, is two parties who want the same rig and have deep pockets.

One of the lowest purchase prices I’ve seen recently.
There are still a lot of sellers that have zero clue people are smoking Cruiser crack

I think most of us would be all over a clean desirable 80 that was even slightly overpriced. They are really tough to find even in that category

Maybe they will level out or take a step back when more LHD are imported, but even then, those are a huge risk with the odo and history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom