For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

Man someone absolutely stole this thing. The seller is probably devastated and the buyer is over the moon on this one...
I thought the same. Sent it to my old boss. He’s looking for a jdm prado or LC.

1hz with an auto though..
That kinda explains it then. I was under the impression that it had the turbo motor. Rhd and a low power diesel is a pretty bad combo for those of us in the US. It also looks terrible with the awful grill guard, mismatched spare and small tires.

Adding another data point here. Purchased a '94 with 244K on the odometer for $7,500 from a fellow mud member. The good: seats replaced with cloth seats in good condition, aftermarket front (ARB) bumper and custom rear bumper with swingout, undercarriage has little to no rust. Lift installed as well, but it is old enough there will likely be some refreshing required. The bad -- needs almost a COMPLETE baselining, cracked sunroof, a lot of little things I have been fixing and the engine has a tick sound in it at low idle. Not sure if I got a good price or drastically overpaid, time will tell. We both seemed content with the deal. Oh -- and the paint has definitely seen better days!

Last edited:
Adding another data point here. Purchased a '94 with 244K on the odometer fir $7,500 from a fellow mud member. The good: seats replaced with cloth seats in good condition, aftermarket front (ARB) bumper and custom rear bumper with swingout, undercarriage has little to no rust. Lift installed as well. The bad -- needs almost a COMPLETE baselining, and the engine has a tick sound in it at low idle. Not sure if I drastically overpaid or not, time will tell. Oh -- and the paint has definitely seen better days!
That ticking sound at idle might be normal depending on how loud it is. It should sound like a little sewing machine at idle.

Adding another data point here. Purchased a '94 with 244K on the odometer for $7,500 from a fellow mud member. The good: seats replaced with cloth seats in good condition, aftermarket front (ARB) bumper and custom rear bumper with swingout, undercarriage has little to no rust. Lift installed as well, but it is old enough there will likely be some refreshing required. The bad -- needs almost a COMPLETE baselining, cracked sunroof, a lot of little things I have been fixing and the engine has a tick sound in it at low idle. Not sure if I got a good price or drastically overpaid, time will tell. We both seemed content with the deal. Oh -- and the paint has definitely seen better days!
The ticking could just be an exhaust leak

The ticking could just be an exhaust leak
Thanks guys -- appreciate the insight! I messed around with it for a few weeks -- when using a wooden rod as a stethoscope (trick a neighbor was trying to teach me) it sounded like it was coming from the back of the engine, I noticed it primarily (loudest) on the rear side of the manifold. I have it in line now with OTRAMM -- some of the Land Cruiser experts here -- to take a look and see if they can tell me how much trouble I am in :confused:

Last edited:
That's about what I paid for my '97 unlocked with 226k. Maybe not the deal of the century, but it's not like you got ripped off or anything, especially if it has lockers.

Just to be prepared to just about double that purchase price getting an old truck like that up to snuff, depending on how neglected it's been throughout its life. Hopefully that ticking is just the exhaust manifold or y-pipe.

Thanks guys -- appreciate the insight! I messed around with it for a few weeks -- when using a wooden rod as a stethoscope (trick a neighbor was trying to teach me) it sounded like it was coming from the back of the engine, I noticed it primarily (loudest) on the rear side of the manifold. I have it in line now with OTRAMM -- some of the Land Cruiser experts here -- to take a look and see if they can tell me how much trouble I am in :rofl:

Congrats and welcome!

You are in good hands with Ryan and the guys there at OTRAMM.

Not specific to your rig necessarily, 80's (probably other classics as well) are a pay now or pay later endeavor as most members have mentioned, somehow everyone eventually ends up with $25-$50k in their 80 Series regardless of the starting point, just enjoy the Journey!

Good news the market seems to have almost caught up to how much we spend!

Not to get off topic 😹 but I just sold my 80 for 13,500. 297k miles. Rolling restoration. 2” lift and prinsu designs roof rack. No other off road goodies.

Here it is

I'm looking at 2 local hdj81's and this thread makes me feel their asking price is fair but they haven't left much room for negotiation

I'm looking at 2 local hdj81's and this thread makes me feel their asking price is fair but they haven't left much room for negotiation
That seems to be all cars at the moment though. With supply tight everywhere, no one seems overly willing to negotiate.

One of my hopes is that increasing fuel prices will be cooling down the buying side frenzy.
It happened the last time fuel prices were sky high right before the last recession (2007/08). You could pick up any gas guzzler for peanuts, including Landcruisers. The price of used fuel-sipping cars went up and were in high demand. Then the bottom fell out when oil prices shrank down and you couldn't give a small car away, a cycle that repeats itself. There is an abundance of oil underground, it's the moron's above ground that drive the prices up with stupid energy policies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom