For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

I just looked at some Japanese car importer websites today selling used cars from JP. Prices have doubled from 2 years ago. 2 years ago you could pick up a 70 or 80 series 25 years old for 5-12K easily. Not the case now. Word is getting out.

$79k + BaT fees. Bananas!

Love seeing @RKTINC in all the 80 Series BAT Auctions with popcorn while he stares out the window at his 40th that's worth a growing fortune.

The best part of the auction :rofl:

1632413168522.png

I'm not convinced BAT doesn't have him on contract to pump up sale prices!
Ya know I have kind of tried to lay off a bit lately because of that very reason. I have followed BAT since its early email phase and only found it because I thought I wanted a "cheap" 1990's 911 for a toy. (which thankfully I avoided) I remember the first 80 listed and the days when we were begging for a 100 Series listing. Once they started doing comments and I started reading the expertise on there, I got hooked. I only try to add constructive things to the site comments, but I too have re-read my comments and felt like it was a little "fanboyish" :)

I have 5 Land Cruisers and have restored three 80's with great success. I have an automotive degree, ran a Toyota store, and I worked for Toyota USA for a number of years and lived through the launch of most of these trucks so I have a perspective that most do not have and those who do have don't enjoy the hobby as much as I do.

I guess I am supporting my collection values in a strange way by my consistent comments, but I really, enjoy BAT and IHMUD sites and appreciate its civilized content.

Ya know I have kind of tried to lay off a bit lately because of that very reason. I have followed BAT since its early email phase and only found it because I thought I wanted a "cheap" 1990's 911 for a toy. (which thankfully I avoided) I remember the first 80 listed and the days when we were begging for a 100 Series listing. Once they started doing comments and I started reading the expertise on there, I got hooked. I only try to add constructive things to the site comments, but I too have re-read my comments and felt like it was a little "fanboyish" :)

I have 5 Land Cruisers and have restored three 80's with great success. I have an automotive degree, ran a Toyota store, and I worked for Toyota USA for a number of years and lived through the launch of most of these trucks so I have a perspective that most do not have and those who do have don't enjoy the hobby as much as I do.

I guess I am supporting my collection values in a strange way by my consistent comments, but I really, enjoy BAT and IHMUD sites and appreciate its civilized content.
Well don't take my comments as criticism because that definitely wasn't the intent! While its clear from the comments you have a passion from the machines, it's also clear you have quite a bit of knowledge about them and the insight you're sharing with the sellers and/or the perspective buyers has to be helpful for all parties. I wouldn't lay off but that's your call to make. I actually reached out to you prior to picking up my 80 just because I noticed your comments and it definitely helped me to make a more informed decision. You're welcome to help with restore my 40th if you still need to scratch that itch after you "finish" yours!

I scroll until I find your comments. Love hearing how the 80 was marketed and sold and the stories people tell of their purchase of a brand new Land Cruiser 80 or how they fell in love with these vehicles. Especially the legacy these trucks left behind and how legendary they've become. And then what you would do if you owned the 80 being auctioned. Some 80s you say to keep factory, some you say are a solid driver. It helps me and I'm sure others have an idea of how to gauge condition as well as how much money should you invest into an 80 based on condition.

Go for it, your making all of our "investments" more valuable. I really wanted a clean 100 series to compliment my 80 but now those have gone up so much I abandoned that Idea and ordered a super duty.

Hell yeah lol. A clean low mileage 100 series are 30k+ right now so I decided not to build another cruiser. The new Tundra is not my cup of tea, so I ordered a F-350 Platinum Tremor.
That's a lot more than 45K but that's a lot of truck and I bet it is sooooo sweet. Definitely a better buy than a 100 in this inflated market.

As an owner of an 80 or more, positive comments are always appreciated!

I believe most 80’s that hit BaT are useful in some way and any negativity typically comes from people that don‘t understand their is a “Butt for every seat“, just find the one that fits you best and spend YOUR money.

Last edited:
A tale of two fzj80's. Both are black and have miles in the 130k's. Guess which one is gaining the most bids.

@sogafarm Ok, so I was actually about to post this up in here. Personally I’ve always preferred the 93-94 over 95-97. But generally, LC people seem to like the 95-97 best. Kind of amazed at the prices these 93-94’s are bringing lately. Can anyone think of a reason? Conditions are similar many times, as are mileage.

@sogafarm Ok, so I was actually about to post this up in here. Personally I’ve always preferred the 93-94 over 95-97. But generally, LC people seem to like the 95-97 best. Kind of amazed at the prices these 93-94’s are bringing lately. Can anyone think of a reason? Conditions are similar many times, as are mileage.
Easier to modify in certain places with regards to emissions since they are pre-OBD2?

I agree with you. I like the 93-94 the best. I prefer the herringbone cloth seats, no airbags, and the dash layout of the earlier ones. Other than the obd1 vs. obd2 there really isn't much advantage to one vs the other. The roof liner on the early ones have hoops and the later ones don't. That's about it. Buyer's choice.

Good points. Maybe I’m used to the ‘mud trends, where the other ones seem to find preference.

A tale of two fzj80's. Both are black and have miles in the 130k's. Guess which one is gaining the most bids.
The '93 has factory lockers and the '97 does not. That has become without question, the most important factor on sites like BaT. Not a good comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom