For Sale Most recent 60 Series purchase prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what would be a reasonable price in 2023 for an Imported 85-86ish HJ61 LHD Turbodiesel from Europe with under 200K (km), and minimal rust?

I fail to see how it's helpful. What is helpful is to see the items up for sale and I'll determine the value to me. Having other people take wild guesses at what I should pay for something...never found that I needed such things. Seems like a thread for a chit chat section. Seems like a thread full of conjecture and truth bending.

I fail to see how it's helpful. What is helpful is to see the items up for sale and I'll determine the value to me. Having other people take wild guesses at what I should pay for something...never found that I needed such things. Seems like a thread for a chit chat section. Seems like a thread full of conjecture and truth bending.
Why be such a Negative Nelly? You don’t have to read this thread. You sure don’t have to participate in it. Is it a “classified?” No. That doesn't mean you bash it. Just look at the vehicles for sale and scroll past this one.

So what's the going rate for a low-rust running FJ60 these days? There's a really clean-looking grey one here in town that the seller told me he'd let go for "somewhere in the 20s" He also said it could use a "tune-up," but again cosmetically it looks really good.

Are the values still above what an FZJ80 would be in similar condition?

So what's the going rate for a low-rust running FJ60 these days? There's a really clean-looking grey one here in town that the seller told me he'd let go for "somewhere in the 20s" He also said it could use a "tune-up," but again cosmetically it looks really good.

Are the values still above what an FZJ80 would be in similar condition?

From what I've seen nice 80's (3x locked) always sell for more than nice 60's. There are a few outliers, but this seems to be the theme. I think the buyer pool for 60's is much smaller, too.

I had my eyes on a few nice California 60's with great paint, interior and no rust at all. One sold for 22 and the other for 20. Anything above 25 sits for quite a bit.

I’m interested in this too as about to put up my 89 62 with 115K miles and an H55f. An AZ truck always.

From what I've seen nice 80's (3x locked) always sell for more than nice 60's. There are a few outliers, but this seems to be the theme. I think the buyer pool for 60's is much smaller, too.

I had my eyes on a few nice California 60's with great paint, interior and no rust at all. One sold for 22 and the other for 20. Anything above 25 sits for quite a bit.
This is not true at all and really bad advice to anyone looking to sell or buy a 60 or 62

p
This is not true at all and really bad advice to anyone looking to sell or buy a 60 or 62

Here’s a really nice example. Sold for 22. I should have bought it. A 3x locked 80 in that condition is worth much more.

Ran across this minutes before the auction ended.

$9800 winning bid.

Pretty much rust free, but the driver's seat was trashed, and a big whip antenna was mounted on the right rear fender. Odometer was over 240K six years ago.

Didn't try bidding on it as I don't know enough to risk bidding.

Screenshot_20230215-215720.png

Trying to determine the same thing. I found a nice hj61 with 115,000 miles, its hard to nail down the value since there havent been many sold in the US recently from Europe.

My take on the market recently in my area (SE US) as I'm looking for a driver-quality rig:
  • Sub $5k - parts, essentially unrepairable rust
  • $5-10k - run/drive but significant rust or mechanical work needed, parts candidates
  • $10-17.5k - reasonably solid drivers with some common-area rust and some cosmetic/mechanical work needed
  • $17.5k-25k - reliable drivers with minor rust or mechanical needs
  • $25k-35k - rust-free survivors or semi-restored, not museum quality but very nice
  • $35k+ - near-perfect restoration and no mechanical needs
  • $50k+ - museum quality, these are the top tier BaT transactions
Whenever a seller starts talking about BaT, be prepared for an unreasonable asking price. Very few people who reference BaT in my experience also have a rig comparable to the quality that brings top dollar there. There are always deals to be had, but you need cash in hand, lightning quick response and pick-up in person. Some folks' full time job is scraping forums, Facebook, craigslist, etc to harvest parts and rigs for their business and as an individual you're up against that particularly on the budget end.

Value is subjective by its definition, so "What's my rig worth" and "Is this a good deal" can rarely be answered by others. Sellers want the most, buyers want it for the least, figure out what you think something is "worth" and buy/don't buy. Can't get too worked up about it.

I think you may find the value of 60 series trucks to split very hard between the projects that are no longer candidates for restoration or BAT and those that are and the values will reflect that. I like my 62 but it has had a hard life of being wheeled and living in snow country. It's not rotten like the upper midwest or east rigs, but its not a rust-free truck either. It is too far gone to do a frame off and come out ahead on but its not a parts rig either. Only the potential buyer can tell you what it might actually be worth to someone, but keep in mind that anything that can be built to wheel and has 4 doors is worth something to someone wanting to haul more than 2 or 3 people out into the boonies. Want a 4 door Jeep wrangler platform, be prepared to pony up $20k unless you find a good deal that they don't know what they have. Even stripped down Sport JK's are pulling 15-18K around here, minimum and they still have street tires and no lockers. Want a Rubicon? Try $30k average unless you get lucky. I think that makes a $10k 60 series with a springover and lockers a pretty decent buy, but its certainly not worth $50k for a creampuff to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom