For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Cool collection and location!

Is this the silver one in Idaho?

Seems there were 2 low mileage vehicles located in the same area (probably second home vehicles) that someone else also posted. One of the two had some damage to a wiring harness and required a replacement according to Toyota history, you may check that out.

As far as a good deal or right decision, it largely comes down to your satisfaction and future plans of usage.

Opinion, if you are buying it to drive, I would not pay a big premium for an extremely low mileage rig, it will just be another 100k mile Land Cruiser in several years and you lost the premium you paid.

If you are adding to a collection and plan to drive it just a few thousand miles per year, it is a different story.

What are the other comparisons for ~$50k?

Good luck, keep us posted!
Thanks for the input, and it would be one we drive less than our others. Also, yes, it is a silver one in Idaho and I will check out the wiring harness damage report. I did not see anything in the history on that for this one I checked out.

There are two interesting LC200 rigs for sale at the two Boise Toyota dealers.
One is a 2015 that is a 70k clean unit but they wont budge off of their high price of $49.9k (with a Toyota record of dash harness issues from a shorted wire ghetto wiring LED ditch light install / rodent damage)

Keeping up on the mouse nest trend...

The other is a 2011 with 29k miles(yeah- 29k...). No price listed yet but it has... A tragic but well documented Toyota service record of "severe rodent damage"- entire engine harness was replaced but still had a couple service trips for electrical repairs after the harness and engine bay was rebuilt. Curious to see how bad that one smells on a muggy day...
Where can I find the Toyota service history? I just drove a 2011 that has the same miles as the one you describe, but the service history I was shown (carfax) shows nothing about any wiring issues.

Cool collection and location!

Is this the silver one in Idaho?

Seems there were 2 low mileage vehicles located in the same area (probably second home vehicles) that someone else also posted. One of the two had some damage to a wiring harness and required a replacement according to Toyota history, you may check that out.

As far as a good deal or right decision, it largely comes down to your satisfaction and future plans of usage.

Opinion, if you are buying it to drive, I would not pay a big premium for an extremely low mileage rig, it will just be another 100k mile Land Cruiser in several years and you lost the premium you paid.

If you are adding to a collection and plan to drive it just a few thousand miles per year, it is a different story.

What are the other comparisons for ~$50k?

Good luck, keep us posted!
I just called the dealer here in Idaho that performed all the services to the 2011 I have been looking at. It is indeed the one from the post you referenced with a replaced wiring harness due to rodent damage. Thanks again for the heads up. Might just be backing away from this one.

I just called the dealer here in Idaho that performed all the services to the 2011 I have been looking at. It is indeed the one from the post you referenced with a replaced wiring harness due to rodent damage. Thanks again for the heads up. Might just be backing away from this one.
Thought it might be.

I would Investigate further if I liked everything else about it, can’t say it is a deal breaker for me or not, just would want to know more and would ask for some reassurance/warranty from the dealer, they seem very transparent.

On a side note, would be curious to know the original owners name, I purchased a very low mile 40th anniversary 80 a couple years ago that was sold new in Idaho that had been a cabin vehicle in Idaho that he upgraded to a newer Cruiser, he had owned 30 plus from new.

In a small world if it is the same owner, he maintains them impeccably!

Good Luck!

That's a good find! saved a headache of a fellow mudder.

The car fax is basically shows what it get reported on. Many loved to report all good things and never a bad thing so don't go with carfax 100%. A friend of mine had a 2001 4Runner and clear car fax and he was happy about it. It pulles to one side when driving. I opened the hood and saw someone replaced the radiator support! still the car fax is clear of accidents.

Exactly, CarFax can only show what is reported from most Repair Shops, Dealers, DMV’s, Police Departments, Ins Companies etc.

If repairs or accidents are done outside of those, the report never knows.

AutoCheck is often times more comprehensive, but doesn’t have the branding, therefore public trust.

On a 200 series as well as checking visually, any documentation, and owner statement history , I usually access CarFax, AutoCheck, and Toyota Service. It often takes all those to have a better indication of the full history.

Sure most people on this thread are typically the same.

On a 200 series as well as checking visually, any documentation, and owner statement history , I usually access CarFax, AutoCheck, and Toyota Service. It often takes all those to have a better indication of the full history.

Sure most people on this thread are typically the same.
Yup. you even have the order nearly correct, too.

First I'll Google the vin, then check vehiclehistory.com, then Toyota/Lexus service since that all is free.. Then, if I'm still motivated and right before I go pull funds, I'll run the Autocheck/Carfax.

Yup. you even have the order nearly correct, too.

First I'll Google the vin, then check vehiclehistory.com, then Toyota/Lexus service since that all is free.. Then, if I'm still motivated and right before I go pull funds, I'll run the Autocheck/Carfax.
Googling the VIN is a good addition!

I have done this several times on rigs that have been on the market previously, was really helpful when all the values were moving up,

I tracked down the history on an FJ45 last Summer to help the owner with some repairs through Google to get the full backstory, shocking how much transparency had been lost along the way!

The internet “can” be a great thing!

Newb here, Looking at the 2021 LC at Sun Toyota. Carfax looking ok, but not really a LC or car buying expert (My last car was a Nissan that I kept for 17 years) Besides looking for cam tower leaks, anything else we should look for on that model? How much does everyone think its worth? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Newb here, Looking at the 2021 LC at Sun Toyota. Carfax looking ok, but not really a LC or car buying expert (My last car was a Nissan that I kept for 17 years) Besides looking for cam tower leaks, anything else we should look for on that model? How much does everyone think its worth? Thanks in advance for the advice.
Cars from Florida have flood risk.

Exactly, CarFax can only show what is reported from most Repair Shops, Dealers, DMV’s, Police Departments, Ins Companies etc.

If repairs or accidents are done outside of those, the report never knows.

AutoCheck is often times more comprehensive, but doesn’t have the branding, therefore public trust.
Yes, definitely want to pull both Carfax and Autocheck. My experience with Autocheck has not been good in comparison with Carfax (the former missing material accident and service intel), but on some occasions the Autocheck has something Carfax does not.

Saw a 2013 with 72K sell for at or around $43K. Itching closer to the 2013 with 100K miles being less than $40K, which to me means the market will have really softened. Needs more deliveries of LC250s to really hit these prices. KBB says worth $45K, but I think that is very optimistic right now.

2013 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER
VIN: JTMHY7AJXD4009931
2 accidents on Carfax, FL truck for its life.

Some dealer pricing story saying that they did $4K in repairs to this one, but it does have new tires and new front pads and rotors so you are really just paying dealer labor rates for repairs you would have to do anyhow. I do like this dealer for being transparent on the inspection.

1699132060840.png

1699132189869.png

Picked up a 2010 LX with 82k miles for $31k. Single owner, Texas truck. Few scratches, but ultimately pretty clean.

The good: Lexus serviced every 5k miles, including new radiator, valley plate fix, alternator, all major mileage fluids (except AHC), and replacement of secondary air injection system.

The meh: AHC could use an overhaul. New fluid and eventually globes… To be expected for the age. 4 of 5 wheels are powder coated black. Kinda silly looking to me, but I’ll be switching to LC 18” wheels at some point.

The bad: nav screen is yellow, and discovered that the subwoofer is blown after I bought it.

I wouldn’t consider this “great deal” territory, but the low miles, dealer service history + repairs already performed, and preferred colors (silver ext / dark gray int) made it worth it to me.

40198EC1-EF06-4195-B284-B313AE91BC36.jpeg

Saw a 2013 with 72K sell for at or around $43K. Itching closer to the 2013 with 100K miles being less than $40K, which to me means the market will have really softened. Needs more deliveries of LC250s to really hit these prices.

Very very curious how LC250s actually getting on the road along with the general trend downwards will effect 200 series prices.

Here is one I am thinking about going to take a look at this weekend, so don't go out and get to it quicker haha.

Super high mileage refresh model, so an interesting price point for the enhancements.

2015 LC, 250K, $24K, Midwest Vehicles so def some rust corrosion.

1699298182898.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom