For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

I'm a wreck. Negotiated down to $48,500 but I am surprisingly (well, maybe not) offput from discovering wear not just on the driver door handle but also by the window switches. I can only imagine someone sitting there and wearing those surfaces away and what that might do for the seat leather and cushion as well.

Will someone just tell me to buy it or not?

[Edit] Ok, I bought it. [edit]
Well done! Let's see a thread on that!

I'm a wreck. Negotiated down to $48,500 but I am surprisingly (well, maybe not) offput from discovering wear not just on the driver door handle but also by the window switches. I can only imagine someone sitting there and wearing those surfaces away and what that might do for the seat leather and cushion as well.

Congrats! Price looked to be pretty fair. Bought pretty near cost to dealer, which makes sense since it needs work. Great deal if you were going to build out for sure, rip off front bumper anyhow and go with something cool.

91FDD73E-CAC0-4A09-A667-68746DA56CF3.png

You negotiated like a pro! Always great to see "deal"ers who actually make use of the "deal" part in their name.

I blew up the deal this morning. In response to my asking for clarification of some marks in the rear cargo area, they started with the line of "well, it is a used car, after all" while in my head I'm screaming "but you're selling it at a retail price in retail condition!" I got the sense that maybe they had another lead that might yield them a higher price.

They may want to have it both ways but I won't.

I also asked for the worksheet and details of their refurbishment, and it was pretty standard except for a "Kahu Tracking Device Installation". It was marked at $179 cost, and while they might have eaten that cost on my deal since they hadn't mentioned it yet, it still might have shown up at $750 or whatever as a non-negotiable item. In either case, these tracking devices are pitched as a customer-benefiting device, but they are clearly a profit-margin-adder and often permanently alter the vehicles wiring. And that's non-negotiable for me.

In my opinion, they need to find non-invasive ways to track their inventory if it's that important to them. And I told them that.
They alleged it was plug-in but it was already clear that they were already tired of my pickiness.

So, we continue on.

I blew up the deal this morning. In response to my asking for clarification of some marks in the rear cargo area, they started with the line of "well, it is a used car, after all" while in my head I'm screaming "but you're selling it at a retail price in retail condition!" I got the sense that maybe they had another lead that might yield them a higher price.

I also asked for the worksheet and details of their refurbishment, and it was pretty standard except for a "Kahu Tracking Device Installation". It was marked at $179 cost, and while they might have eaten that cost on my deal since they hadn't mentioned it yet, it still might have shown up at $750 or whatever as a non-negotiable item. In either case, these tracking devices are pitched as a customer-benefiting device, but they are clearly a profit-margin-adder and often permanently alter the vehicles wiring. And that's non-negotiable for me.

In my opinion, they need to find non-invasive ways to track their inventory if it's that important to them. And I told them that.
They alleged it was plug-in but it was already clear that they were already tired of my pickiness.

So, we continue on.
I feel like taking it for a test drive, never driven a 2018 (or a face lift model). They also have LX for sale. I am not throwing $50K for 5 year 130K mile driven anything.

As a point of reference, this one sold within hours of this post, before I could get over to drive it.
Where was this one?

Data point:

2016 Black/Terra
51,000 miles
2 owner, TX and WA
Pretty clean underneath
Good condition for its age, some minor cosmetics
Little to never off-road
No known issues
Tires to my liking
Friendly private seller

About $62k including fly-and-drive expenses of flight/gas/hotel

PXL-20230308-165849971.jpg

8d9c9893-9219-4492-9a80-39453dcce43d.jpg

Here is an interesting one I saw at the dealer auctions; 2015 with high mileage, decent condition, but market as "livery use in NY" which is a unique new one for an LC... Who wants to drive a cab with 10MPG?

JTMHY7AJ2F4033191 2015 LC, 160K, dealer asking $29,500 retail estimated at $36,500. My auction guy would not buy it for various reasons (mileage too high but I will not lie, I was pretty tempted....). So pretty much, find your friend who has a dealer's license and have them pick this one up for you!

1678378495031.png

Data point:

2016 Black/Terra
51,000 miles
2 owner, TX and WA
Pretty clean underneath
Good condition for its age, some minor cosmetics
Little to never off-road
No known issues
Tires to my liking
Friendly private seller

About $62k including fly-and-drive expenses of flight/gas/hotel

PXL-20230308-165849971.jpg

8d9c9893-9219-4492-9a80-39453dcce43d.jpg
Man, I’d have been all over this. Good find.

So, we continue on.
I went to test drive this LC today. Man. that thing has NOT been detailed! I find all kinds of trash inside the 2nd row seat belt latch pockets. The sales person said the guy who handled the sale with the "LC project" was later got some blame for not treating the customer right!

It starts, runs and drives. Had few warning lights on dash (BSM and two others): The driver mirror does not respond when backing up. saw few oil splashed on the driver side valve cover. Last pic shows some deep grooves on pass rear door

20230311_165636.jpg

20230311_165713.jpg

20230311_171659.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for checking it out. Might have dodged a bullet there.

It was like pulling teeth getting more photos and they still didn't do a tenth of what you just did. Dealers and their employees are seriously the most terrible people.

On a related note, they are ghosting me. Can't blame them but they just wanted to take my money and leave me with an undetailed vehicle. Retail price for retail condition, right?

Not about a 200: but a comparison of 200 with an Armada.
I just don't feel like throwing 53K for a 130K mile 2018. Yes, it's an LC, but it will break and will have repairs in next 50K miles, some items that will need attention are, radiator, CV's, coolant, diff and transfer fluids, drive shafts, alternator, steering rack, P/S flush, it really need a new set of tires, windshield (has a crack), dent and door scratch.

Now to my point: This couple of days NISSAN has made some dealers in South East to sell their Armada's at a special discount, I NEARLY bought one today 2023, 4x4 white with just 8 miles from a dealer in GA: The original price was 59K and dropped to 49500, when asked they quoted 50,600 and then "dealer fees" of $799, then doc fee of $149 and again, non tax charge of $49 + TTL for $54K. I do not pay dealer fees! so end of the deal. Now, this is brand new truck (Nissan Patrol) and made in Japan:

I have seen these Armada's (Y62) driven all over Middle east and Australia (DMW's Ruben - A Toy guy and Gram on youtube are very famous) Some times the Y62 drives over a terrain, but a 200 could not (Shanuna's 200 on 4wd 247)! The newer Armada insurance is much lower due to the safety features it has compared to the most latest 2021 200.

One more thing I noticed when I search CL for Armada's are there are basically non for sale (Dallas, Austin, Houston, ABQ, San Antonio) by private users, even though I see at least one Aramda in each mile in West TX! Are they so good that people don't want to sell it?

Am I wrong to assume a 2023 brand new Armada could easily last 15 years without a single hickup over a 130K mile driven 5 years old LC 200's for next 15 years?

Not about a 200: but a comparison of 200 with an Armada.
I just don't feel like throwing 53K for a 130K mile 2018. Yes, it's an LC, but it will break and will have repairs in next 50K miles, some items that will need attention are, radiator, CV's, coolant, diff and transfer fluids, drive shafts, alternator, steering rack, P/S flush, it really need a new set of tires, windshield (has a crack), dent and door scratch.

Now to my point: This couple of days NISSAN has made some dealers in South East to sell their Armada's at a special discount, I NEARLY bought one today 2023, 4x4 white with just 8 miles from a dealer in GA: The original price was 59K and dropped to 49500, when asked they quoted 50,600 and then "dealer fees" of $799, then doc fee of $149 and again, non tax charge of $49 + TTL for $54K. I do not pay dealer fees! so end of the deal. Now, this is brand new truck (Nissan Patrol) and made in Japan:

I have seen these Armada's (Y62) driven all over Middle east and Australia (DMW's Ruben - A Toy guy and Gram on youtube are very famous) Some times the Y62 drives over a terrain, but a 200 could not (Shanuna's 200 on 4wd 247)! The newer Armada insurance is much lower due to the safety features it has compared to the most latest 2021 200.

One more thing I noticed when I search CL for Armada's are there are basically non for sale (Dallas, Austin, Houston, ABQ, San Antonio) by private users, even though I see at least one Aramda in each mile in West TX! Are they so good that people don't want to sell it?

Am I wrong to assume a 2023 brand new Armada could easily last 15 years without a single hickup over a 130K mile driven 5 years old LC 200's for next 15 years?
The US Armada lacks KDSS and some other things that prevent it from being a Y62 Patrol.

As I was taught in UAE, If you can't afford a Land Cruiser, get a Patrol. If you can't afford a Patrol, get a Pajero! :rofl:

I appreciate your thought process, I've had similar internal arguments too. We're here because we love LC's and are biased more than others that they're worth the high resale, but there's definitely a breaking/decision point. I strongly considered a 2017 with 170k miles for $45k, and several 08-11's around 200k/$30k but had the same cost/benefit argument of how many remaining miles of use and maintenance cost it would be for that price. LC's are not zero/low cost maintenance machines. To me, that price/miles ratio is absolutely insane in hindsight. You could buy a new/nearly new 4Runner TRDOR for the same price and get 250k miles out of it with similar reliability. Not the same beast as a 200 I know, but a worthwhile trade-off in my opinion for factory warranty period and being the only owner. 200's sold in low numbers and got discontinued in the US because almost all consumers fell on the same side of the value argument.

Short answer, I think you're on to something and not crazy for considering an Armada or something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom