For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

2018 Land Cruiser
White, Terra, no DVD
Immaculate southern (North Carolina) one owner car. Local trade, well known family.
34k highway miles, no towing, no salt.
All records at Toyota on time. New tires at the 30k service
$65.4k

2018 Land Cruiser
White, Terra, no DVD
Immaculate southern (North Carolina) one owner car. Local trade, well known family.
34k highway miles, no towing, no salt.
All records at Toyota on time. New tires at the 30k service
$65.4k
Are you selling it?

2015 LX570, 37k miles, luxury package, dealer service since day one, original owner, near mint. 48k, private party.

E026CD4D-7E8C-4FA7-AC9A-1F8758644C13.jpeg

Last edited:
White / tan 2013 Land Cruiser with 91k miles. $37,500. Single owner / clean Carfax with every service interval completed at same Toyota dealership. Told half the miles are trips to second home. Have been looking nationally but this was local and too convenient. Perfect find as I'm looking for a work vehicle which includes weekly road trips. My 80 got me home this past winter on two separate occasions where many people were stuck. Sure the 200 will be an even better experience on the road. Now the bling fun begins with the 80.

New poster here
2011 LX 470
115k miles
Original owner
One accident. Minor accident Front light and fender replaced. Bumper could have been repaired better. (clips look a little off) Minor dent in the rear hatch. Dealer serviced. No rust in southeast.
26.5k? Thoughts?

New 2019 LX570
Onyx Black, Cabernet Interior
All options but cool box and rear seat TVs.
Sticker: $97.7k
I paid: $83.4k

Amazing! How did you get it down so low?

I am a new member. Recently got interested in acquiring an LC/LX. I am approaching 50.. is it natural? Started watching a ton of videos on YouTube on LC. So long story short.. bitten by the LC bug.

I LIVE IN Chicago area and am in the market for LX 570. There is private seller listing 2009 LX with 121k miles at $29k and is firm on it. When I asked for service history he said he gets it done at a friend. Guy looked rich with another LX in his garage. It's Chicago LX. My budget is under $25k.

Also test drove a 2006 LX 470 with 124k miles. Asking price $19k. Accelerates smoothly but deceleration sounds noisy (from the floor of the car). Dealer brushes it off saying it's tire noise ...and I am not stupid..! Windows don't go down and the parking break does not engage ..it does not move. No history of water pump/timing belt.

Another 2008 LX 570 with 90k miles asking $29k. Smelled puke all over inside. The wood trim torn in the dash and driver side... Literally wanted to get out of the car in 2 minutes. By the way looking at the torn Dash wood, the car looked so cheap for such a premium brand... Made me think twice what Lexus is thinking to stick a cheap plastic wood trim on a $80-90k car....

Any thoughts or advice on these three candidate cars? Greatly appreciate your responses... Go easy on me

Last edited:
@Diytech123 No, Nope, he!! to the No. Keep looking.

Edit to say, new member, 1st post, long time car guy and very likely to get a 200 for the next ride. Current is 2017 GLS550 and while I love these - you lease them and give them back. Not forever cars. Need a forever ride next which is why I'm looking 200.

@Diytech123 No, Nope, he!! to the No. Keep looking.

Edit to say, new member, 1st post, long time car guy and very likely to get a 200 for the next ride. Current is 2017 GLS550 and while I love these - you lease them and give them back. Not forever cars. Need a forever ride next which is why I'm looking 200.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am a new member. Recently got interested in acquiring an LC/LX. I am approaching 50.. is it natural? Started watching a ton of videos on YouTube on LC. So long story short.. bitten by the LC bug.

Wait we talking about me or you? :) Natural. Plus budget constraints demand I stop leasing stupid expensive German luxe trucks and get a real one I can drive a couple 100k. Must be a good many of those bugs around, got me too.

Wait we talking about me or you? :) Natural. Plus budget constraints demand I stop leasing stupid expensive German luxe trucks and get a real one I can drive a couple 100k. Must be a good many of those bugs around, got me too.

LOL... I was talking about myself... we got the party here...

Turned 50 this year. Look at this forum every day. Shop online for a 200 every day. Wife is getting irritated.

Turned 50 this year. Look at this forum every day. Shop online for a 200 every day. Wife is getting irritated.

Definitely a pattern is emerging here... on the wannabe owner demographic.
May be we should join the forum that talks about what the new LC owners start doing after they first acquire it, where do they spend their time and money.... and what happens to their other half's..!

I LIVE IN Chicago area and am in the market for LX 570. There is private seller listing 2009 LX with 121k miles at $29k and is firm on it. When I asked for service history he said he gets it done at a friend. Guy looked rich with another LX in his garage. It's Chicago LX. My budget is under $25k.

Also test drove a 2006 LX 470 with 124k miles. Asking price $19k. Accelerates smoothly but deceleration sounds noisy (from the floor of the car). Dealer brushes it off saying it's tire noise ...and I am not stupid..! Windows don't go down and the parking break does not engage ..it does not move. No history of water pump/timing belt.

Another 2008 LX 570 with 90k miles asking $29k. Smelled puke all over inside. The wood trim torn in the dash and driver side... Literally wanted to get out of the car in 2 minutes. By the way looking at the torn Dash wood, the car looked so cheap for such a premium brand... Made me think twice what Lexus is thinking to stick a cheap plastic wood trim on a $80-90k car....

Any thoughts or advice on these three candidate cars? Greatly appreciate your responses... Go easy on me
I wouldn't be scared of option 1 if you can get underneath and make sure no rust. With another LX in garage he's probably a Cruiser guy and doesnt trust dealer/shop techs.

New forum member here. I started out looking at a 2015 LX 570, and am now onto 2018-2019 LCs. First off, how much more or less value/headache would you ascribe to the air suspension in the 570? Seems like a really neat feature, and also something that would be expensive to repair. I don't plan on anything beyond easy to moderate offroading (at least for the first decade of ownership anyway), so I'm not sure if I'd even need it. Not a huge fan of the look of the 2016+ 570, so I'm leaning towards either a 2015 570 or the LC.

With that said, for LC's I'm looking at:

1.) A 2018 with 5k miles and the remainder of the factory warranty for $72.7K. This one supposedly has "every option" and is a black/ terra combo.

2.) A 2018 new model for $78.1K in a black/black combo. I suspect there might be a tiny bit of runway on this one's price, so I'm torn between saving something like $4-6K for the one with 5k miles versus just sucking it up and going new.

Thoughts?

New forum member here. I started out looking at a 2015 LX 570, and am now onto 2018-2019 LCs. First off, how much more or less value/headache would you ascribe to the air suspension in the 570? Seems like a really neat feature, and also something that would be expensive to repair. I don't plan on anything beyond easy to moderate offroading (at least for the first decade of ownership anyway), so I'm not sure if I'd even need it. Not a huge fan of the look of the 2016+ 570, so I'm leaning towards either a 2015 570 or the LC.

With that said, for LC's I'm looking at:

1.) A 2018 with 5k miles and the remainder of the factory warranty for $72.7K. This one supposedly has "every option" and is a black/ terra combo.

2.) A 2018 new model for $78.1K in a black/black combo. I suspect there might be a tiny bit of runway on this one's price, so I'm torn between saving something like $4-6K for the one with 5k miles versus just sucking it up and going new.

Thoughts?
For your use cases the LX would be perfect. The AHC system is fairly robust, seems more robust than than that in the previous 100 series. Repair isn't all that much either and there doesn't seem to be many issues w/ the system over the long term. The only reason you'd go for LC over LX is if you want a complete aftermarket suspension. In general after market support is more easily available for the LC). I'm not sure about comparative pricing on the new model years, LX vs LC, but at a few years old the pricing is close, or the LX is even cheaper than the equivalent LC so you get a lot of value there considering how plush the LX is and starting price ~$10k more. Supply/demand.

I just went through this exact decision tree. 2015 LX570 or new/near new LC 200. I just can't get past the front end of the 2016+ Lexus.

Lx570 - I'm not sure if the dealers are selling these yet due to the passenger seat belt/airbag recall. When I was looking, there was a 37k mile 2015 Grey LX570 at my local Lexus dealer but they were not able to sell it as a CPO, or even as a non-CPO discounted until the fix came in. Some vehicles are fixable now, others are not yet. The dealer wanted $58k for it anyway, which I felt was too high. It was the lowest mileage, cleanest 2015 LX570 I had seen, or have since seen. I would not worry about the AHC. It is a hydraulic system, not air, and is very robust unlike the Land Rover or Mercedes systems that have deservedly bad reputations. I had a 2000 LX470 with the original AHC system still functioning fine at 285k miles, just with simple flushes at 60k mile intervals. The 570 system is even more robust by report.

2018 LC - Do not buy a remnant 2018 at $78k. Eric Sarjeant (member on here) will sell you a new 2019 from Ed Martin Toyota in Indiana at invoice, which is $78k, with your choice of color/interior. The 2020s are about to come out, and he sells at invoice which probably won't be more than $1-2k increase from this year with no model year changes. Fly and drive

"every option" likely means it has the DVD screens on the back of the front seats, which to most on the forum is a negative...was to me. One of the benefits of 2018+ is NOT having those screens like all of the 2016-17 did. They leave a big ugly hole when you remove them.

I would negotiate the remnant 2018 down to the cost of the 5k mile one, $73k. Others have gotten them down to around $70k. It is 2 model years old as of August. I would pay the $5k extra for a current model year.

I ended up finding a 2018 in North Carolina for $65k. 34k miles but pristine condition. I saved $13k over new, which meant I am allowing myself $13k in mods in exchange for the used truck. But, there are times when I question that decision. 34k miles is 3 years of mileage for me. But, well maintained mileage is not a huge issue on these trucks. Anyway, getting beyond a 5 figure savings was the tipping point for me, and I will do mods to the truck. If it was only $5k difference, I absolutely would have bought the new 2019 from Eric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom