For Sale Boulder, CO: 1991 LHD HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Color
White
Outside Link
https://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/threads/1991-hzj73-lhd.34941/
IMG_3177.jpeg
IMG_3177.jpeg

Layoff forces sale. At this point I need ed the money more than I need a planned resto project to throw money at! Sorry for the cross post, I’ll get a better for sale add up tonight. Just trying to get my money back out of it. $23k
$21,850.
$20,750

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to get everything out & make some better pics of all the stuff I’ve collected for this project. A quick note, we live at 6,800 feet in the foothills above Boulder, so the cold start video in the link is at 6,800 feet, and the short driving videos are up our road, which averages 12-14% grade. I figured the steep road would help give an idea of how it accelerates.

Pics to follow in the coming posts. Below shows the new body panels for the truck:
Both full quarter panels
Both fenders (plus the missing flare)
Both Kick plates
Windshield frame & windshield
Jump seats (not new, and need to be installed, I just posed them in the pics)

IMG_3236.jpeg
IMG_3237.jpeg
IMG_3238.jpeg
IMG_3239.jpeg
IMG_3245.jpeg

More jump seat pics
The OEM removable upper doors (all four)
Widened OEM 40 series welded rims, with hub cap clips) plus 4 hub caps (need Two more due to the full floater rear)
New OEM spare (I have a decent 33x10x15 bf Goodrich at for it as I was going to put four new ones on the widened rims & run the narrow rim for a spare)
IMG_3248.jpeg
IMG_3247.jpeg
IMG_3249.jpeg
IMG_3250.jpeg
IMG_3251.jpeg

Good amount of parts included that are worth some serious money . This is a great start for anyone that can do their own resto work as lhd HZJ73's are pretty hard to find and have a ton of desirable parts on them.

Good luck with the sale

Abe, this is a heck of a deal. People are asking way more for right hand drive trucks that have nowhere near the spares and parts that you’re including. Sorry you have to sell it. The mid wheelbase 70 series is a joy to drive.

Good amount of parts included that are worth some serious money . This is a great start for anyone that can do their own resto work as lhd HZJ73's are pretty hard to find and have a ton of desirable parts on them.

Good luck with the sale

Abe, this is a heck of a deal. People are asking way more for right hand drive trucks that have nowhere near the spares and parts that you’re including. Sorry you have to sell it. The mid wheelbase 70 series is a joy to drive.
Thanks guys! I’ve been collecting parts for three years in plans for a full resto & “super build” but getting laid off changes priorities, so it feels like the prudent choice to try & sell it & save money instead of having a large build still needed. If I get a new job before it sells, I’ll keep it & move forward with the original plan!

@gr8ful Hi. Is this still available and is it driveble as is?
Yeah it is still available. Lots of questions & such, but nobody has pulled the trigger yet. And yeah, it’s a driver. A person that just wanted a trail beater could buy it & sell a bunch of parts just to have a cheap LHD hzj73 & the. Just drive it as is.

Mechanically speaking, I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it anywhere (and we do locally). But if I was trying to drive all the way to Virginia Beach, I’d consider replacing the tires first just to be safe. They are old & in need of replacement, and that’s a lot of time on the highway. I’ve been leaving them in place since an OME lift was in the plan & I figured I’d swap to the 40 series rims & larger tires all at once.

Frame pics, going from front to rear. You’ll notice the new driver’s side brake caliper & hard line (Cruiser Outfitters really does have almost everything in stock & ready to ship!). I only replaced that one at this time, as it needed replacement. The passenger side is still original, and the new pads for it, and the rears are still in the boxes on the passenger floor.
Best
Abe

IMG_3355.jpeg
IMG_3356.jpeg
IMG_3357.jpeg
IMG_3357.jpeg
IMG_3358.jpeg

IMG_3359.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom