Monstaliner Bedliner (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This stuff is amazing, I've added 4-5 dents and tons of scrapes and the monstaliner is holding up great! Sadly the rear quarters, tail lights and headlights aren't as tough...lol Got my front bumper installed so hopefully my quads will hold up better moving forward.

I sanded the grill and quad buckets with 180grit and sprayed them with satin black to keep with the black out theme (krylon colormaxx - after spraying with self etching green primer).

Lights.jpg
Dents.jpg
Quads.jpg

front fenders. after playing around with a bunch of different angled attachments for the schutz gun i decided to brush on the liner under the fender lips in stead of fighting to spray under there. after a couple coats, i then went over everything with the gun - turned out much better

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

i'll double post this just in case there's someone outside of the 40 forum that is interested. here is the inside of the fender with the liner thinned a little, sprayed out of a modified HVLP gun (drilled out to 2.0mm) at about 35psi. it's slow spraying it out but could achieve a more uniform coverage and finer texture

tempImageJouPQp.png

tempImagelG8wDy.png

tempImagepWUcoH.png

tempImagebFArHE.png

Unfortunately after speaking with the guys at Monstaliner today, it seems the product may have met its fate.

They are no longer able to source the mixture. They are looking for a new company, but with the Covid, they have had no luck. They have no product available currently. They didn't sound very optimistic. That's sad to hear. It was a great product, IMHO.

Unfortunately after speaking with the guys at Monstaliner today, it seems the product may have met its fate.

They are no longer able to source the mixture. They are looking for a new company, but with the Covid, they have had no luck. They have no product available currently. They didn't sound very optimistic. That's sad to hear. It was a great product, IMHO.

Hopefully this is just a setback, and they will figure something out. I'd hate to be forced into another product.

A buddy of mine used raptor liner and when he hit something it flaked off. I have hit several things and monstaliner has held strong. After seeing them both in action I'll take monstaliner hands down. (even though I liked his texture and feel a little better)

This is terrible news. Monstaliner is an excellent product. I needed to order more to finish my paint job. This was back in July. At that point, their U.S. supplier for the paint activator/hardener had gone belly up, and they were forced to source it from Germany. Their order was held up on the East Coast for something like 6 weeks, but they did get my order to me. Must have got my order in just in time.

All of this makes me hate the 'rona that much more. I'm no statistician, but I recall reading a horrifying statistic recently: 60 percent of small American companies that were shuttered as a result of Covid mitigation haven't re-opened. F the 'rona!

MONSTALINERTM Roll-On Truck Bed Liner short version SDS

This the only one I could find so far. Does anyone have a full version?

It looks like a 2K urethane that uses isocyanates. I also make high performance coatings for architectural applications, e.g. bridges, window frames, etc. etc. that have to last for >50 years. I can formulate something even tougher for automotive applications. Sourcing components for coatings and resins has gotten tough the last year. You need to be able to adapt to the changes in what is available to work with. Lots of these old formulations were developed years ago and the chemist has long retired.

Resin shortages worldwide. I've used ML many many times and feel for Erik and the company.

Unfortunately, I have to move on to another product for my customers. I'll post a complete review in about 2 weeks.

J

Any updates? Monstaliner's website is still up with no mention of going out of business or not being able to source the product.

Any updates? Monstaliner's website is still up with no mention of going out of business or not being able to source the product.
My wife found a face book page "Monstaliner Masters" or something like that. The dude keeps saying he will update, but we haven't seen anything yet.

Last edited:
Looking to possibly do a trailer with Monstaliner in the next few weeks. is it available again?

Their website seems to think their stuff is in stock. Order early to be safe.

Everything is back in stock except black liner which will be a few more weeks.
Chemical shortages messed us up bad but we've secured a few new reliable suppliers and won't run into this again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom