Model Year Differences, LC200 + LX570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Runner/GX aren't in the same class as a 200. It's like comparing a 5-series BMW to a 7 series. So that's the price disparity there.

If you don't plan on modding extensively, go with the LX. It's the much better bang for your buck.

It all comes down to what you're looking for in a vehicle.

I also heard there are 2x more Lexus vehicles out there than LC...for the non-off roader/ adventurer the Lexus might be a way to go.
Maybe its just me but I personally like the staying under the radar as a regular vehicle vs people assuming your are stuck up driving a Lexus.
The average person cant tell the difference between a Hilander and a LandCruiser...Maybe the Lexus badge quickly changes their mind?

Most people who aren't in the know around here think my 200 is a 4Runner.

I get that a lot. Twice I've heard, "Nice 4-Runner!"

Both times I just said, "Thanks!" (Since it would be the nicest 4-Runner I've ever seen too... :hillbilly: )

I also heard there are 2x more Lexus vehicles out there than LC...for the non-off roader/ adventurer the Lexus might be a way to go.
Maybe its just me but I personally like the staying under the radar as a regular vehicle vs people assuming your are stuck up driving a Lexus.
The average person cant tell the difference between a Hilander and a LandCruiser...Maybe the Lexus badge quickly changes their mind?

Just a wild quess, but I bet you don’t own a gold Rolex watch? Don’t let poor less affluent people scare you. Pump some iron, take a self defense class or two. Live life enjoy the finer things. ;) just giving you some crap people can like whatever they like. I’m kind of different from most people I like Land Cruiser’s and Lexus and most people don’t have a clue about them. Matter fact most the people on this site must be pretty strange :)

Last edited:
...for the non-off roader/ adventurer the Lexus might be a way to go...

Not taking anything away from the LC, but the LX is more than capable of off road adventures...and then some. In both technical and open off road trails, AHC is an asset rather than a liability. True for on road too, but you already knew that.

any pros or cons to the 2016+ 8 speed tranny? Anyone have experience running 35's with this setup?

any pros or cons to the 2016+ 8 speed tranny? Anyone have experience running 35's with this setup?

Several threads on the several tsb's to get it working right. From what I've read I think they figured it out. 35's take modification. 34's minimal trimming and wheel liner shaping. 33" no problem

Any reason why the LC lost 1.6” in second row legroom from 2015 to 2016?

I’m sure it didn’t really. Perhaps the seats are thicker. Or perhaps they were including the horrendous nav screens.

Saw a 3rd Gen on Friday on IH-35 in San Antonio, TX. Tried to catch up, but he exited. It looked lifted with armor front and rear. Now I’m obsessed on finding the owner to see more pics. LOL

Did the turn-assist in 4LO appear in 13' for the LX570s as well, or earlier on like most other cool features?

Good info here, lads. Many new learnings, especially regarding the relative merits of LX v LC.
I am looking to get back into the Toyota mode after many years without an LC. This time around I’m looking for a comfortable reliable DD. I also want a ride that I can throw some mods on (whenever) for the garden variety fire road/snow-go trips. I also need something for light-medium towing. The 200 or 570 seems to work for all those and only has one insurance payment.

I am looking in the $30-40K range. Seattle area, but would travel for the right rig. Might pay more for the REALLY right rig.
With the info gleaned here, it sounds like I may be more of a 570 customer, as I’d like a mostly civilized unit that won’t be going full Rhino Chaser until after I run the clock up (or get bored and start swapping out stuff). But both seem suitable.

My first question is does anyone have a general list of “must check” items on a potential 570 or 200 purchase that either throw the red flag or allow you to buy with more confidence? I understand that religious servicing is The One True Way, but beyond that, I just don’t have the fluency that most here possess.

Next question is what is the best way to check history and get details on one of these? Does CARFAX show everything I want to see? Is there some other secret database or service that you use to quickly suss out the precious metals from the polished poop?

Any info, tips, random observations or spicy conspiracy theories that anyone wishes to share will be most appreciated, up to and including tips on forum use and posts. I have been asked do I “even internet, bro?” I think that means I don’t.
Thanks.

Good info here, lads. Many new learnings, especially regarding the relative merits of LX v LC.
I am looking to get back into the Toyota mode after many years without an LC. This time around I’m looking for a comfortable reliable DD. I also want a ride that I can throw some mods on (whenever) for the garden variety fire road/snow-go trips. I also need something for light-medium towing. The 200 or 570 seems to work for all those and only has one insurance payment.

I am looking in the $30-40K range. Seattle area, but would travel for the right rig. Might pay more for the REALLY right rig.
With the info gleaned here, it sounds like I may be more of a 570 customer, as I’d like a mostly civilized unit that won’t be going full Rhino Chaser until after I run the clock up (or get bored and start swapping out stuff). But both seem suitable.

My first question is does anyone have a general list of “must check” items on a potential 570 or 200 purchase that either throw the red flag or allow you to buy with more confidence? I understand that religious servicing is The One True Way, but beyond that, I just don’t have the fluency that most here possess.

Next question is what is the best way to check history and get details on one of these? Does CARFAX show everything I want to see? Is there some other secret database or service that you use to quickly suss out the precious metals from the polished poop?

Any info, tips, random observations or spicy conspiracy theories that anyone wishes to share will be most appreciated, up to and including tips on forum use and posts. I have been asked do I “even internet, bro?” I think that means I don’t.
Thanks.
Did you ever find one or get any feedback on your post?

I’m looking to upgrade to a 200 from my 100 and I’ve been so far removed from the differences within more recent years.

I’m thinking a 2017 or newer...can anyone point me to any major differences amongst the more recent models, or most likely from 2016-2018?

Can any of you comment on the interior quality differences between the 08-11 LC and the 08-11 LX? Finally it seems that the quality of the interior improved in 2013. Were there quality differences improvements to the LX in 2013?

This post is a response to all the pealing or rubbed off wood grain I have seen in the LC 200s and I seem to see more ripped seats also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom