Model Year Differences, LC200 + LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a fantastic breakdown and super helpful for a guy who is looking for his first 200
Upgrading from an05 Tacoma

The earlier tables only scratch the surface on the meaningful differences between the LC and LX. The LX has much more standard level of equipment underneath, which accounts for its almost 250lb difference. Also, I don't have a year to year breakdown, but the LX started in 2008 with almost all these features, of which some trickled down to the LC as standard equipment in later years. I won't attempt to date when the LC got these, but at least it'll serve for awareness

LX features:
1) Substantially more sound deadening
2) Powered rear hatch for open/close
3) Soft open rear lower tailgate, with power latching
4) Surround camera system
5) Ventilated/Heated front row
6) Mark Levinson Reference (only other model to get the Reference system is the LS) w/surround
7) Power side view mirrors with auto-fold (I believe later LC's go this)
8) AHC - lift on demand, auto and multi-step damping, anti-dive/roll/squat, leveling, etc., etc.
9) AHC underbody armor
10) Shorter roof rack (LC has a longer roof rack with 3 supports per side)
11) Steering headlights (AFS)
12) Storage in rear seat armrest
13) Headlight washers
14) Second row storage on front seatbacks is a panel vs net
15) 14-way adjustable driver seat vs 10-way LC (passenger 12-way vs 8-way)

Edit, adding more
15) Power stowage for 3rd row seat
16) All windows down by holding remote door open button for 3+ seconds (not sure Toyota's have this?)
17) Substantial key fob (LC uses same one as corolla)
18) Fade-To-Off interior lighting (I believe LC got this in 2014?)

Edit, adding more
20) Puddle and side step lights
21) Door sil lighting
22) Interior ambient lighting
23) Additional trunk light and open tailgate lighting

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Also, don't let the blind lead the blind on octane requirements. Lots of wrong information in those linked threads.

Per Lexus LX 570 instruction manual, p 684.

"Premium unleaded gasoline only"
"91 (Research Octane Number 96) or higher"

Then we have another gasoline tidbit on page 692:

"If 91 Octane cannot be obtained, you may use unleaded gasoline with an Octane Rating as low as 87 (research octane number 91). However, use of unleaded fuel with an octane rating lower than 91 may result in engine knocking or drastically reduce output to protect itself while driving a heavy load. Persistent knocking can lead to engine damage and should be corrected by refueling with higher octane unleaded gasoline."

Also, on page 692, it says:
"Premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating 91 or higher required for optimum performance."

Last edited:
The problem I’m having is wrapping my head around paying $40ish k for a 2013 LC with 100k miles. New to Toyota’s and LCs but I know they are built to last. It seems the 2008s are about 10k cheaper but with upwards of 130k miles and don’t have all the features.

If anyone else was in this scenario let me know how you justified it haha.

The problem I’m having is wrapping my head around paying $40ish k for a 2013 LC with 100k miles. New to Toyota’s and LCs but I know they are built to last. It seems the 2008s are about 10k cheaper but with upwards of 130k miles and don’t have all the features.

What are you cross-shopping it with?

What are you cross-shopping it with?

Checked out the 4Runner and rode a little sluggish and truck like.

Drove a GX which is nice but we will grow out of it in a couple of years. Considering taking the plunge on a big car now to drive for 10+ years.

Also checking out the LX which seem to have a few less miles but model year 2010 or 2011.

Anything else you recommend?

4Runner/GX aren't in the same class as a 200. It's like comparing a 5-series BMW to a 7 series. So that's the price disparity there.

If you don't plan on modding extensively, go with the LX. It's the much better bang for your buck.

It all comes down to what you're looking for in a vehicle.

FWIW I just bought an 08 LX and it’s every bit as nice (actually nicer) than my 14 LC. For extensive modding the LC is the better choice, but for light mods and daily driving the LX is better especially considering it’s usually easier to find a clean, well maintained LX for the same price if not cheaper than a similar LC.

4Runner/GX aren't in the same class as a 200. It's like comparing a 5-series BMW to a 7 series. So that's the price disparity there.

If you don't plan on modding extensively, go with the LX. It's the much better bang for your buck.

It all comes down to what you're looking for in a vehicle.

Thanks for the reply. No serious modding but I do want to remove the third row until we need it with kiddos or family in town. I hear it’s very easy on the LC and not on the LX.

Can anyone attest to how 2008s hold up at 150k miles and beyond? Assuming clean maintenance history. I think 2008 vs 2011 vs 2013 is what I’m struggling to decide.

I don't think you are limited to finding '13 LC w/100k for $40k. I would decide what you want - LC vs. LX and then be patient but prepared. Great deals are out there all the time, just like @mcgaskins reports, in fact he has actually purchased 2 great deals in the last 12 months or so! They key is being prepared to strike when the deals come up. There are two types of Land Cruiser shoppers - the quick and the not quick! :)

Everything you seem to be asking for sounds like An LX except for removing the third row seats which shouldn’t be a priority since if you go with A sedan you’re not even going to have third row seats. Priority should be a rust free vehicle and good maintenance records. By the newest lowest mileage vehicle you can find that’s rust free and has good maintenance records.

3rd row removal on LX isn’t hard. Just have to unbolt a few more things. A couple of videos on the Net.

Wouldn’t want to do it every weekend, but easy.

100k miles on a Toyota that has had regular oil changes is just about the point at which it is broken in. The LC/LX was designed for a 25 year service life in the developing world. So, it ought to turn in 25 years on paved roads without batting an eyelash.

At around 120k it requires some pricey services just like any other traditional V8. So if you pick one up with that stuff done, preferably by a dealer, you'll be ahead of the game. I believe Slee Offroad has a page on its website with info on what to look out for when shopping for a used LC that would be good reading.

Last edited:
IMO, there's very little reason to remove the 3rd row unless you're fitting a cargo box system. They fold up to the sides, out of the way, and there's plenty of cargo space with them that way. The LX even has power fold and will latch against the sides. I've never really needed that last drop of space where I wish the seats to be out. If I did, I have a roof cargo box, or rear hitch carrier, or utility trailer for those types of loads.

IMO, there's very little reason to remove the 3rd row unless you're fitting a cargo box system. They fold up to the sides, out of the way, and there's plenty of cargo space with them that way. The LX even has power fold and will latch against the sides. I've never really needed that last drop of space where I wish the seats to be out. If I did, I have a roof cargo box, or rear hitch carrier, or utility trailer for those types of loads.

The only reason is if you rarely transport more than 5 people. They are about 115 pounds of weight I replace with tools and junk.

The only reason is if you rarely transport more than 5 people. They are about 115 pounds of weight I replace with tools and junk.

Thanks for all the responses! Yes to this point I probably wont use the third row except once or twice a year until we expand the family but coming from a small SUV any extra cargo space even with the seats in should suffice.

The LC I'm looking at has extensive maintenance records done at dealerships and the brakes were recently done which apparently is part of the big 120k mile service. May jump on this one but I'll check out the LX a bit more too.

What LC is it? Is it in Denver? Asking because I just recently did a ton of shopping the Denver market and saw a bunch of the local selection as of 3 weeks ago, including selling one to a local stealership.

What LC is it? Is it in Denver? Asking because I just recently did a ton of shopping the Denver market and saw a bunch of the local selection as of 3 weeks ago, including selling one to a local stealership.

Yep in Denver. Actually the one I drove on Saturday was old later in the day...It was at Groove Toyota and just had a price drop.

On to the next one!

I think I may know that one - black?

In shopping for a 200 myself I soon found the LX are more plentiful, have lower miles, and are generally more pampered. For instance there is a 2008 LC in Ft Collins for $37,900 with 66k miles and I picked up a 2010 LX with 76k miles for $32,000. Other than HID headlights I have everything on my 2010 LX that 2013 LC's have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom