Mixing clutch slave parts from different years (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d think so. Just depends on how many extra threads you’ve got. I should have taken a photo of that gap. I used the dowels because I wasn’t sure how far back it was going take. Turns out not much.

Even if it’s not quite enough, you could always use a slightly shorter bolt to hold the pivot on in its new place and just use a nut to keep the original pivot bolt secured in its original spot.

To be clear, my “dowels” are just long bolts I cut the heads off of with a hack saw.

@hobbes I kind of have the same issue. Kind of. My TO bearing intermittently rides on the PP. I have tried to find the determining factors, whether heat, weather, time of day, who's the governing party in Canberra or if Game of Thrones will see the Lannisters fall.

Any thoughts on this? Sorry for the thread hijack.

@FJ40Jim , @65swb45, etal, would be the real experts to ask. Sounds to me like the slave isn’t returning completely consistently. I was properly identified as having a mish-mash of early and late year parts. So I guess the first question would be is if your clutch setup is all from the same “era”? Mine was not.

Last edited:
@cult45 , the first thing I would check is if the prongs holding the fork to the pivot ball are holding it TIGHT.

The second thing I would check if the grease on the front bearing retainer of the trans is drying up and causing the clutch hub to stick.

Thanks @hobbes.

@65swb45 prongs are not TIGHT. Hell, they're not even tight. Re the trans I run a 1982 split case H41 - is the advice still the same?

Thanks @hobbes.

@65swb45 prongs are not TIGHT. Hell, they're not even tight. Re the trans I run a 1982 split case H41 - is the advice still the same?

Have someone press the pedal 10 different times for you and see how many different answers you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom