Builds Mission Impossible......My 74 & 76 Build up by a Top Gun Land Cruiser builder :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Friday night went like this... MILLHOUSE showed up at maybe 8 with a cooler full of :beer:............ we were waiting for parts from Steve who was suppose to be coming up that evening late... pulled Steves truck out of the shop so we could pull MILLOUSE's truck in and put on a new winch fairlead that Steve got for him... not sure where he got it, but it is cool as hell... made out of anodized alum and made to look like a fj40 bezel... super cool...

pic 1 old fairlead on his bumper (which is now mine!!! :D)

pic 2 before we put it on

pic3 on

this is sadly all we got done in about 8 hours of time we spent together (we did pull my hinges off so MILLHOUSE could take them and un stuck them for me :hillbilly:).... well we did make some obscene phone calls and drank until 3:30 AM.... then I had to work at my dads house on saturday morning... it was a long day... thank god it rained..... Then i went to a bar with my friends... we got kicked out of there for fighting......... but I dont really know the whole story because I had too many to drink... all I remember saying is "mind your own business old man before I break your hip!" I blame the wiskey!!! :hillbilly: :clap::clap:
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 007.jpg

Last edited:
one more quick thing... MILLHOUSE picked up my old body to use on his blue truck.... more of that to come... :D can you believe he gave me $500 for it....

BTW MILLHOUSE you owe me $500... the juice is running!!!!!!!
Picture 006.jpg
Picture 008.jpg

Quote: "can you believe he gave me $500 for it.... "

No... I don't:D

Had a great 4th of July weekend.. pretty much spent the weekend in the boat or at the lake. Had a few buddy's that are in the military home for the events so it was good to see them and hear theirs stories from where ever they were.

Steve and Miller stopped by on Monday and we got a few things done, I wanted to run the engine while those guys were there but I did not have enough anti freeze so we just got things ready to run. had to cut the fan shroud so clear the power steering. got all the belts hooked up and put it all back together... I had to use two spacers on the fan so it would clear the power steering.

well I got home yesterday with the additional anti freeze poured it all in and buttoned up the rest of what I needed to do to fire this up again.

So I let it run for a good 10 min or so and the temp went up to about where it was suppose to go and then stayed there so I was happy that was working properly. however there must be a HOLE in my radiator because there is a small leak coming from the fins... so as with all my luck on this project nothing can just be done on the first try, so as soon as I figure out what I am going to do I will pull that out again...

Power stearing did seem to work just fine... only really drove it to the end of the driveway and back... breaks also worked... :D

My friend and I are going to be flying his plane up the North Shore of Lake Superior this weekend to meet up with a bunch of friends up there but as of next week I want to start going on this body work again.... :bang:

a few pics of what that looks like now...

Talk to you guys soon!!
IMG_2210.jpg
IMG_2212.jpg

So is the radiator leaking from where you impaled it with the support rod? :eek:

Was good to see you again Brother....thank you for the good times on the 4th.

:beer:

Congrats on getting that thing running! Must have been some GREAT whiskey to get him to pay you $500 for that body... ;)

Your friend with the plane happen to own a beautiful FJ40LV, a FJ45, a Ford Roadster and a twin cylinder motorcycle? :D

Sweeeeeet! (Though I personally think golf is a terrible way to waste a day ;) )

TLCA should enlist him to host a "All you can eat day" for Land Cruisers owners only! :D

BOT You going to solder up the rad or just replace it?

Sweeeeeet! (Though I personally think golf is a terrible way to waste a day ;) )

I could not agree more... Think I am one of the few guys here that does not take advantage of our 63 holes of golf I could play for free...

TLCA should enlist him to host a "All you can eat day" for Land Cruisers only! :D

haha... I will ask... :D

BOT You going to solder up the rad or just replace it?

just got off the phone with the radiator shop and think I am going to see if he can fix it... going to see if I can pull it tonight and drop it off there tomorrow, if not I will get it to him next week...

had a great weekend... too many stories to tell.... did not fly, the weather was too bad so we had to drive... lots of great friends, good times and shenanigans.... just a few pics for you guys...

location about 40 miles from Canadian border, north shore of Lake Superior.. very cold for even this time of year.... about low 40's high 30's at night.... and the water is god awfully cold!! about the same temp... no swiming for us :D but get away from the lake and it will be 60's easily... :)
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 021.jpg

Last edited:
on a LC note... I got home yesterday about 2 or so and did 3 hours worth of body work and all that stuff yesterday... no pics to speak of because it really looks all the same... going to keep going with that all week and see where I end up this weekend... still seems like there is alot of work to do...

Look at that!

You ass holes have not drawn a mustache on him....

He must have sent marker boy to the hospital after last weekend....

attachment.php

on a LC note... I got home yesterday about 2 or so and did 3 hours worth of body work and all that stuff yesterday... no pics to speak of because it really looks all the same... going to keep going with that all week and see where I end up this weekend... still seems like there is alot of work to do...

Got tabs for that thing yet?

You should probably pick them up....

Miller and I plan on driving that thing shortly...

Got tabs for that thing yet?

You should probably pick them up....

Miller and I plan on driving that thing shortly...

like next spring............ yea there will be tabs and insurance on it then on it then........

did not get anything done last night... corys party... but I will be sanding tonight... Ted said he might come up and help.... but I am not holding my breath... maybe since I called him out here for the world to see he will feel obligated to show up... :flipoff2:

last night spent more time sanding, mainly working on the cowl, just two parts that I can not get to my liking..... ended up having to put some more mud down and while that was drying I decided to put down the seam sealer on the alum. to the cowl seam.... used the same method as before... taped everything off and layed down the sealer, also sprayed a little bit of soapy water on there... helps you be able to use your finger to smooth things out... turned out really well... actually took pics last night and this morning it looks smoother than in these pics...

so I need to work on the cowl today... finish ruff sanding the inside of the tub (started that yesterday also) then I am ready for primer... I am also going to re seem seal that cowl again with this stuff I got... seems better than the last stuff... anyhow more to come...

only pics of the seam sealer stuff...
IMG_2300.jpg
IMG_2303.jpg
IMG_2304.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom