Missing screw and lube question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I pulled the rear door panel off this morning to inspect the locking mechanism to order parts. Of course, I dropped the little door handle screw, part # 93520-54010,
in the gravel. I hate working in gravel. I spent 10 minutes searching for it with a big magnet, but it is gone. Any idea on the threads pitch or availability on this little guy? I am happy to replace it with something from the hardware store.

Last question, what is your favorite lube for window runs and stuff. i would like to lube all my windows while I have the door panels off.

Thanks

Last edited:
I got ambitious today and pulled a screw from another door. The damn thing is like a wood screw or something. They are available but I can't stand the thought of paying $14.00 shipping for a $1.00 screw.

I will continue to look for something that will work locally.

1/2", #8 drywall screw?

A little messy, but it’s slippery as owl snot on window runs and on any rubber parts…..

IMG_3544.jpeg

I got ambitious today and pulled a screw from another door. The damn thing is like a wood screw or something. They are available but I can't stand the thought of paying $14.00 shipping for a $1.00 screw.

I will continue to look for something that will work locally.
Could you get one from a local dealer, maybe paying full retail, but avoiding shipping costs?

Could you get one from a local dealer, maybe paying full retail, but avoiding shipping costs?
Local dealer for me is 2.5 hour drive 🤣

take one of the screws to home depot or a hardware store and just match it up, theres nothing special to the handle screws
I tried, can't find a screw that short that isn't too skinny. But I also live in the middle of nowhere and only have 1 little hardware store to look for screws.

I tried, can't find a screw that short that isn't too skinny. But I also live in the middle of nowhere and only have 1 little hardware store to look for screws.
get a longer one and cut it down, you probably need a #8 size. or you could fill the screw hole with jb weld or something like that and drill a new hole for a smaller screw

I pulled the rear door panel off this morning to inspect the locking mechanism to order parts. Of course, I dropped the little door handle screw, part # 93520-54010,
in the gravel. I hate working in gravel. I spent 10 minutes searching for it with a big magnet, but it is gone. Any idea on the threads pitch or availability on this little guy? I am happy to replace it with something from the hardware store.

Last question, what is your favorite lube for window runs and stuff. i would like to lube all my windows while I have the door panels off.

Thanks

It should be a Ø4-mm, countersunk head, self tapping sheetmetal screw, 10-mm long. I keep a box of miscellaneous screws from junkyard trips, but this one isn't in my stash, or I'd send you one.

If there's a yard nearby, find a Toyota and rob it. It's a common body screw.

It should be a Ø4-mm, countersunk head, self tapping sheetmetal screw, 10-mm long. I keep a box of miscellaneous screws from junkyard trips, but this one isn't in my stash, or I'd send you one.

If there's a yard nearby, find a Toyota and rob it. It's a common body screw.
Yeah, I found self tapper sheet metal screws at the local hardware store they were just too skinny. I will figure something out.

Thanks for the ideas

Thanks

I have nothing constructive to add to this except the following:

I HATE working on gravel driveways. The day when I wrote that $3k check to a concrete company and drank coffee while they poured my driveway, was a GREAT F'ING day. I lost so much hardware over the last decade before the concrete came.

Secondly, I have to admit the words "screw" and "lube" immediately kicked in my 12 yo juvenile brain. :rofl:

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Ahh...yet more proof of Mir's theory of relativity :
"A screw dropped in the shop always bounces the other direction".
But wait! you might protest - what is the direction? to claim the other?
That's why it's a universal principle of relativity...Which direction did you think of and look there?

Yeah I should have known better than to take even 1 screw out of my door while parked on gravel.

Found a screw that will work but it cracked my trim 😞

20231019_113037.jpg
20231019_113848.jpg

I thought those were NLA. I have to order 3 pairs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom