Missed out on Hundreds in the Hills? Lets talk (Ideas for Southeastern 100 series event) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems like it would make sense to just meet up at the rendezvous and have a 100 series “section” of camp if Randy would be ok with it.
We really dont want to piggy back an event that could already have upwards of 200 other vehicles. Such as southern cruiser crawl. It's obvious there is more than enough interest based just on people who cant get into HIH to do something else in this part of the country.

I'm a little late to the conversation, but would be open to something in the southeast. Hot Spring would be a bit too far for me, but Wind Rock would be doable and something in western NC or north GA would be great. If you haven't been to Wind Rock, it's a pretty great set up. Very developed camping areas and trails for every level of off-roader.

Seems like it would make sense to just meet up at the rendezvous and have a 100 series “section” of camp if Randy would be ok with it.

Do you know how many vehicles they had at this last one? I think it makes a lot of sense to have a 100s section of either this or the cruiser event in Hot Springs.

Do you know how many vehicles they had at this last one? I think it makes a lot of sense to have a 100s section of either this or the cruiser event in Hot Springs.
Aaron we already mentioned that southern cruiser crawl has over 200 toyotas at it and the rest of us dont want to piggyback an event that big. If you want to you can feel free to sign up for it but we are going to be doing our own thing for 100 series.

Aaron we already mentioned that southern cruiser crawl has over 200 toyotas at it and the rest of us dont want to piggyback an event that big. If you want to you can feel free to sign up for it but we are going to be doing our own thing for 100 series.

Do you know anything about the Rendezvous in the Ozarks? I really don’t think it has many vehicles at all.

You guys thinking of doing this the same week as HIH9 or at a different date?

Different date. Mostly because of how hot it is in the south. Right now the most likely spot is hot springs ORV but may switch locations yearly.

I think something up near the Northeast would be really nice. Like near Rausch creek or something.

Coming from the northeast, I couldn't really do AR, as it would require a couple of days each way driving. I can't take tons of time off, which is the main reason why I don't do HIH, so I would prefer something like a 4 day weekend (drive somewhere Friday, hang Sat and Sunday and return Monday). Anything more than 12-15 hour drive away is realistically too much to do in one day, so that rules out anything further than about NC for me.

I'd be up for a S.E. weekend. Not driving to Colorado or Arkansas or the N.E. from Georgia - just don't have that much time.
I agree - June through August in the S.E. will be too swampy to camp.
I disagree that this can't or shouldn't be a 100s only event simply because there's another 100s only event. I don't want to follow a 40 on 38s or an 80 on 35s all day... and damn sure don't want to follow a CJ on 40s. If the HIH wanted a distinctive event, maybe don't use the name of the vehicle in the name of the event ;)

Seriously though, how the event is promoted - as a 100 only event - will take care of it. We can come up with something other than "Hundreds in ___" and protect the HIH brand.

Last edited:
I like the idea of getting together on the east side and agree to keep it separate from HIH but still limited to 100 series only.

Yep totally get where you guys are coming from @CBeckFJ @Manhattan @4Beast. While this initial event will most likely be in Hot Springs I would like to be able to have it in different spots yearly or encourage members to try to help set up something in North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, etc. We would like to have members volunteer to be committee members from respective areas to help organize. So if you or anybody else is wanting to help us start organizing lets get after it. Hell HIH was just a couple guys saying what if and look what happend to it. Like we have said the demand for 100 series centric events has clearly outpaced supply and there is no reason to not attempt to put on something on the east coast. Whatever happens it will be its own brand and its own thing the great part is that we are all talking and brainstorming instead of just being down in the dumps about not being able to attend HIH ourselves.

Like was mentioned earlier Mardi Krawl is not 100 series centric, but is centrally located in Tuscumbia, Alabama and would provide an oppurtunity for some of us to meet up to talk and brainstorm in person. Its always good to be able to put faces to usernames.

Has anyone done Windrock in the summer? I would think it being in the blue ridge mountains, it shouldn’t be too unbearable. I like the idea of a long weekend event, at least to start. Maybe arrive Thur, leave Sun or Mon? Hot Springs is about 13 hours for me, kinda far for a long weekend. Not saying HS isn’t a good choice, I’d just be more likely to attend something closer.

Has anyone done Windrock in the summer? I would think it being in the blue ridge mountains, it shouldn’t be too unbearable. I like the idea of a long weekend event, at least to start. Maybe arrive Thur, leave Sun or Mon? Hot Springs is about 13 hours for me, kinda far for a long weekend. Not saying HS isn’t a good choice, I’d just be more likely to attend something closer.
There are more trails suitable for a 100 at windrock.

Windrock is my favorite park. HUUUUUGE park. You could be up there a week and not ride every trail. Has gravel roads, muddy trails, rocky trails, cliffs if you’re feeling brave. The facilities are excellent (showers, pavilions, cabins, etc). It’s an amazing place. The STLCA club in Tennessee is having an even up there May 13-18 (28th annual GSMTR). I’ve been to a few and they are fantastic and are a great group of people. I’d say just attend since it’s already set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom