Minimum spacer width to clear lug nut threaded posts on 2006 LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the stock 5 spoke wheels in gunmetal. Was looking at Bora spacers, was wondering if 1.25” is wide enough to allow the hub assemble lug nut threaded posts to sit recessed or at least flush. I’ve never messed with spacers but want to bring the wheels out a tad on the LX.

Fwir, 1.25" is what is recommended when running 35" and have heard of no one having fitment issues, so I'd say you're fine.

You could measure just in case

From your sig it appears you have an 06 LX, assuming your AHC is functional, from experience when you push the AHC to high mode, the geometry of the front track width narrows as the upper and lower arms droops. When this happens, you will notice if you stand in front of your vehicle the front track will be slightly narrower than the rear solid axle track width, confirmed as well using a measuring tape.

1.25” in front is good in Neutral mode with 1.25” in the rear. But if you want the front be the same as the rear when it’s on High mode, 1.25” in the front and 1” in the rear is the better alternative for this sole purpose and preference only. I wanted to go this route when I had OEM wheels before but went the route of aftermarket wheels with +25mm offset hence not needing the spacer anymore so I sold my 1.25” (all corners) set.

I ran BORA 1” spacers no problem with OEM wheels.

When I run my RW TRD wheels, I use 19mm (3/4", but they measure in mm) BORA adapters; it's the smallest one that they make with wheel studs (i.e. not a "spacer").

If you have alloy wheels with cavities or voids in between the lug holes (on back mating surface), you can run sub 1.25" spacers. If your wheels do NOT have voids on the back mating surface, like steel wheels, 1.25" is the narrowest you can go and still clear OEM studs. AFAIK.

From your sig it appears you have an 06 LX, assuming your AHC is functional, from experience when you push the AHC to high mode, the geometry of the front track width narrows as the upper and lower arms droops. When this happens, you will notice if you stand in front of your vehicle the front track will be slightly narrower than the rear solid axle track width, confirmed as well using a measuring tape.

1.25” in front is good in Neutral mode with 1.25” in the rear. But if you want the front be the same as the rear when it’s on High mode, 1.25” in the front and 1” in the rear is the better alternative for this sole purpose and preference only. I wanted to go this route when I had OEM wheels before but went the route of aftermarket wheels with +25mm offset hence not needing the spacer anymore so I sold my 1.25” (all corners) set.
I would like some offset wheels but these wheels are nice looking and new wheels are expensive!

If you have alloy wheels with cavities or voids in between the lug holes (on back mating surface), you can run sub 1.25" spacers. If your wheels do NOT have voids on the back mating surface, like steel wheels, 1.25" is the narrowest you can go and still clear OEM studs. AFAIK.
Pretty solid back there

I just felt with my hand, I’ll have to take the wheel off to see if there are any voids though, probably won’t happen until this weekend.
YEah, no sweat...I just thought you may have some shots from some other project. The only reason I ask is because if your rims are OEM and not steel I am presuming that the voids are present.

OEM LC 18’s have pockets as do Rock Warriors, so I’m pretty sure LX wheels will have them as well. If so 3/4” bolt on spacers are possible.

I see pockets.

IMG_5180.jpeg

Below is what I would expect to see...
These voids align above the original studs when the spacer is in place.

Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 4.27.13 PM.jpg

I would say that the LX versions would prob. allow for 1" spacers but not .75" spacers...they don't look as deep as the LC voids.

How much spacer is too much, meaning at what width do things become a problem in terms of extra wear, I wouldn’t mind doing 1.5” front and 1.25” rear as long as that won’t cause unintended issues

How much spacer is too much, meaning at what width do things become a problem in terms of extra wear, I wouldn’t mind doing 1.5” front and 1.25” rear as long as that won’t cause unintended issues

Any added offset will increase leverage and therefore wear compared to the factory setup. More offset also introduces clearance issues in the pinch weld area with larger than stock tires. Offset should only be used to make clearance between the tire and frame at full lock or the tire and UCA but the most common use is for aesthetics, pushing the tires out and making them look bigger than they actually are.

I have 1/4” spacers on the front, nothing on the rear and yeah, it looks better in H but IMO looks weird in N where it sits 99% of the time.

Any added offset will increase leverage and therefore wear compared to the factory setup. More offset also introduces clearance issues in the pinch weld area with larger than stock tires. Offset should only be used to make clearance between the tire and frame at full lock or the tire and UCA but the most common use is for aesthetics, pushing the tires out and making them look bigger than they actually are.

I have 1/4” spacers on the front, nothing on the rear and yeah, it looks better in H but IMO looks weird in N where it sits 99% of the time.
Good thing I didn’t buy them yet. I have 33.1” tires that have like maybe 1.5” from the pinch weld. I don’t think 1.25” spacer will make them rub. Guess I’ll have to do some good ole geometry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom