million dollar bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mntoyx4.com
Anyone ever seen a million dollar bolt. I think I found one

I was installing my body lift last night. Working my way down the body from the back to front loosening the body mounts pretty easily considering they've probably not been touched since 1985 or so. Now I make it to the front one, and lord knows it's a 14mm, but the socket spins on the bolt :dunno:
That's not right I say to my self. So I keep trying. Still just spins :dunno: :dunno: What the heck is going on here?

Throughout the night, we try all manner of impliments trying to just destory the body mount bolt. Nothing works.

In desparation, I started to drill holes into the head of the bolt, hoping to make swiss cheese out of it hoping it would just desinigrate. Well it is swiss cheese, and no it won't disinigrate. My got this bolt defies all laws of physics. I even tried separating the frame and body with my hi lift. No dice.

Folks, I think I found a million dollar bolt.

Next step is to get my hands on a die grinder or something to cut the head of the bolt off.

I'll try to get a picture of this, because it really is rediculous how little of the bolt head is left, and how it just won't let go.

Any other ideas folks?

Pnuematic die grinder. Small, manueverable, powerful.
My most valuable tool other than the obvious stuff like ratchets, etc. :slap: It'll cut the head of that bolt right off.

Burn a hole through the head of the bolt. Carefully.
Turn the air down so you dont blow too much metal away.

or use a Dremal with a small cut off wheel.

:beer:

think I ran into this years ago, I ended up jackin the body tight agaist the top of the bolt, then removed.....it was a royal PITA

Mine were Rusted to the Sleeve that sits inside the Bushing, It had basically become one big glob of metal. The Sleeve may be spinning along with the bolt.

You may have to bite the bullet and Get new bushings from 4crawler.

If you can get an air chissel in there it might work to just chissel the head completely off.

sawzall right thru the body mount into the bolt. 30 second job. Or channel locks...

You have a wrench on the inside of the core support too?

think I ran into this years ago, I ended up jackin the body tight agaist the top of the bolt, then removed.....it was a royal PITA

So did he ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom