Metal tech slider sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Riverrunner

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.summitautotransport.com
FYI sliders on sale through Sept 31st. I have a set and love them.
100-series-sliders-sale-2019.jpg

BIOR sliders are $575 - 650 RAW

Just ordered them. What a great price. Any tips on primer and paint would be great!

Preparation is the most important step. These ship with an anti-rust coating that needs to scrubbed off. Scotchbrite and a degreaser, fully dry and then a final wipe done with solvent before spraying. If you don’t thoroughly degrease the paint won’t stick. I used rustoleum clean metal primer and gloss black thinned with acetone and shot through a harbor freight sprayer. Make sure you choose a color that isn’t unique, I can touch up using any rustoleum black rattle can.

September 31st huh?

I used Bed Liner on mine, lets see how long it holds up.

I did a thorough prep, sprayed with a 2k epoxy primer, then used the exact same bedliner you used (took a lot of cans due to that wide spary pattern, so much waste). After 6 months of use, it's not holding up as well as I'd hoped. My son's football cleats have chipped the bedliner off in a few spots so I'll probably need to touch them up before winter. Long term, they may get stripped and powder coated.

I did a thorough prep, sprayed with a 2k epoxy primer, then used the exact same bedliner you used (took a lot of cans due to that wide spary pattern, so much waste). After 6 months of use, it's not holding up as well as I'd hoped. My son's football cleats have chipped the bedliner off in a few spots so I'll probably need to touch them up before winter. Long term, they may get stripped and powder coated.

If you get a chance to use them as intended (not that there's anything wrong with using it as a step), the bed liner material is the better choice. You just have to be OK with touching it up from time to time.

And you *will* be touching it up if you use them as intended.

If you get a chance to use them as intended (not that there's anything wrong with using it as a step), the bed liner material is the better choice. You just have to be OK with touching it up from time to time.

And you *will* be touching it up if you use them as intended.

Truth!

Ordered

Is powdercoating the best option than if this DIY's paint tricks are not working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom