Builds Meet Uma and not the one you are thinking of (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is going to be a thread of all of my projects that i have done on my 40 that my kids regretfully named Uma. When i first bought her the was no radio in it so when the kids got in it they would sing a song from a Disney tinybopper movie where one of the characters sings "what's my name, what's my name?" To which the other characters reply Uma, Uma. From then on the name has stuck. She is an early 69 so it is right in the middle of a transition year which i am finding out can be a royal pain in the backside.

IMG_20171229_192834.jpg

IMG_20180202_194834.jpg

IMG_20180301_145342.jpg

IMG_20180301_145342.jpg

Photo dump

IMG_20180512_185215.jpg

IMG_20180521_061447.jpg

IMG_20181027_094006.jpg

IMG_20190211_192928.jpg

IMG_20181126_110042.jpg

This is my end vision of what Uma will look like. I don't want to hear about "oh you should keep the patina" it is my 40 not yours this is what I want it to look like always have. The rendering was done by my oldest daughter

IMG_20191119_064833.jpg

I have an early/mid year 69 too. I love that truck no matter the stupid brake fittings or anything else. It’s how I cut my cruiser teeth!

Build your truck how you like and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks-unless you ask for advice. Then care some.

I have an early/mid year 69 too. I love that truck no matter the stupid brake fittings or anything else. It’s how I cut my cruiser teeth!

Build your truck how you like and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks-unless you ask for advice. Then care some.
It is just that when i tell people that i am going to paint it inevitably they say no don't paint it.

Uma is a great name. Kill Bill one of my favorite movies, but may not be kid appropriate depending on age.

Nice rig. Keep up the pics

Uma is a great name. Kill Bill one of my favorite movies, but may not be kid appropriate depending on age.

Nice rig. Keep up the pics
Like the title says not the Uma your thinking of

It is just that when i tell people that i am going to paint it inevitably they say no don't paint it.

I’ve been trying to determine a paint color for about 15 years. Now that I’ve found a color I have to find someone capable of mixing it the way I want.

There is a certain thing about 40s though that most agree in with the top and bezel not being painted body color. Your daughter’s rendering maintains that. I look forward to seeing the projects with your kids and the progress.

I can’t wait to get home to get my wife’s 80 back up and then my 40 finally.

Matthew

I almost forgot that i did tail light LED conversion essentially using trailer lights that looked like the OEM ones, removing the cheapo autozone ones the PO installed.

IMG_20190102_163149.jpg

IMG_20190102_161312.jpg

I now have all the shocks in my possession, the rear leaf springs (minus a bushing) and the front leafs were ordered yesterday. Uma is about to undergo a growth spurt and gain 2.5 inches from factory and who knows how much more compared to sagging 51 year old leaf springs. when i get the front springs installed she is going to get new brakes to stop me in my tracks. When i get the missing bushing I'll post more pictures of the work getting done.
other_woman.png

Whoa Tucson, look at ebay #264657555233, you could have had these sweet hearts.

Whoa Tucson, look at ebay #264657555233, you could have had these sweet hearts.
what am i supposed to be looking for

Well my rear leaf spring perches and U-bolts got media blasted and painted yesterday. I had to bore out the center hole to fit the Pro Comp leaf springs. When i received the leaf springs i was missing some (almost half) of my bushings that were supposed to be included. I reached out to the vendor from Amazon and Pro Comp themselves and I should have the the new bushings today or tomorrow. The front leafs are coming today, I hope the bushings are there. What has been happening is they are zip-tied into the eye holes but some how the zip-tie breaks and the bushings are not pressed in so the just fall out. I hope that in addition to me doing an oil change on the wife's car for a spontaneous road trip, I can get the suspension work done this weekend. Then an alignment to fix the toe issue I have developed, and front disc brakes to hopefully finish off the summer. Maybe some smaller projects then Monstaliner next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom