For Sale Massachusetts: 1997 Lexus LX 450 Fully Built,Triple locked,40"s ,529's... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
Black

1997 Lexus LX 450 Fully Built $25k​

I've decided sell my very clean yet extremely capable but not beat on LX 450 as much as I hate to let it go unfortunately I just haven't been using it as much these days so id rather see someone else get to enjoy it.

History: I bought this Lexus from another Mudd member akarilo and have owned it now for about 4 years. There is a lot of info on Mudd from all of the work and modifications the previous owner did as well as the newer modifications that I've done but I will list below as well. I purchased this truck with 220k miles on it and it now sits at 234,949 Yes sadly I've only put 14k on it over the corse of 4 years but it was a glorious 14k miles! 3 owner ( me being the 3rd) owner of this truck, It spent most of it's life in Texas until around 144k and then Oklahoma until I bought it and shipped back east. So therefore this truck is not a rusted out s***box from the northeast! I can count on 1 hand how many times the truck has seen a snow covered road ( also kind of sad ) and it was never been my daily so its never seen the natoriously overly salted roads of the north east that turns vehicles into Swiss cheese over time. Theres no rust anywhere on or underneath this truck! First year I got it I undercoated it with NH OIL Co undercoating, after that yearly I have always touched up any surface spots that's that got scratched or scrapped underneath on all skid plates, sliders and bumpers to prevent any rust from forming.

Maintenance: The previous owner did the head gasket at approximately 180K, Since I've owned it I have re built the power steering pump (due to small leak ) Did a new crankshaft oil seal (due to small seeping ) Wits end blue fan clutch, New CSF Radiator ( 1 year old ) New Northstar group 34 agm battery. Everything else has been maintained up to date!

Axles : Diffs were originally done by ZUK at gearinstalls.com and have Nitro 5.29 with full master kits, (elocked) Original Longfield chromo birfs at around 200K. Also rear shafts were upgraded to Nitro chromoly axle shafts. I ended up blowing the Front R&P again which after speaking to ZUK we ultimately found out it was due to carrier being bent in the 3rd member which is probably why the PO kept having issues with it. So the front has new set of Nitro 5.29 gears, instal kit and complete new 3rd member was purchased and set up by Landtank about a year and a half ago. Knuckle kits where done at the same time.

The T-case has Marlin Crawler 3.1-1 low rage gears, which are incredible. I've since done a Part time 4x4 kit on it with Aisin locking hubs with chromoly inner/outer hub gears and both ARP hub and Knuckle studs.

Suspension: The truck is sitting on approximately 4" of lift with Slee Offroad 2.5 remote resevoir shocks, Slee Offroad 4" Heavy duty rear springs and Dobinson 4" Flex springs up front. Adjustable rear upper links,slightly extended heavy duty lower control arms. All new bushings in all F&R control arms 2 years ago.

Wheels & Tires: The truck is sitting on SCS F5 Grey wheels wrapped with 40x13.5x17 Maxxis RZR MT's with less than 1500 miles on them. As well as a full size spare. ( All wheels have some rock rash )

Exterior: Exterior of the truck has 2 tone Al's liner that mimmicks the original color combo and is extremely durable. All 140+ body holes were welded as opposed to using tape. Both F&R Fenders where cut to accommodate 40" tires and properly re sealed with sheet metal. Truck has a few dings and things since it's been on some epic adventures but overall the body is in great shape for being a 24 year old truck!

Armor: SLEE front bumper with 9000lb Superwinch.
4X4 Labs rear bumper with heavy duty integrated hitch, Ive since added dual swing outs with tire carrier and ladder to no where. ( JK I had a roof rack on it for a few months ) I've also added 1 3/4" Dom rear quarter panel protection.
Custom heavy duty sliders, also frame slider/ramps for rear lower control arm hangers, custom low profile cross member, front range heavy duty tie rod and drag link. Front sway bar "hanger" for simple storage of sway bar after disconnect.

Over the frame custom exhaust.
Landtank custom e-locker axle shaft.
Landtank seat extension rails (driver).

Interior: Truck has the infamous Shanes Leather that the PO did and I've done my best to maintain them. I did the steering wheel in new Italian leather (Fancy) that I purchased from Mudd member who sells them. Has a custom built steel cargo barrier, 3d printed cup holder for the front and the rear. Pioneer double din CD player ( I think I still have the original radio) CB radio mounted next to driver seat. Quick release fire extinguisher mount under driver seat. Weather tech floor mats, Custom Built drawers in the rear with Fridge slide& tilt mounted on top. There is a designated full time 12V outlet set up there for the fridge. Ive also installed a blue sea fuse box inside the rear DS panel in the event extra accessories can be added in the future. Arb dual rate compressor mounted in rear next to drawers.

This truck is very capable and does great off road and yet still very streetable. Can cruise down the highway 70-75 mph all day.I wouldn't hesitate for a second to drive across country wheel it and drive it home. I'm sure there's more stuff that I'm forgetting but feel free to contact me with any questions.

DSC00527.jpeg

DSC00528.jpeg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

Last edited:
Is that quarter panel protection attached in any way near the top rear corner of it?

Is that quarter panel protection attached in any way near the top rear corner of it?
No sir, It was one of the things on a list that unfortunately didn't get done. Planned on running a piece of DOM in between the two meeting points (in front of rear hatch, behind tire carrier) and putting a full sleeve one end and a half over the other end and a pin to lock it in place so it's easily removable. My buddy has the exact same set up and it works great! That being said it's still stout as is.

Is this truck still for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom