March raffle truck work day (1 Viewer)

March work day

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK gents, finally getting around to getting this posted. The plan is more than likely starting the body work possibly cleaning the engine.

I got a gallon of simple green and 2 gallons of purple power cleaner. To soak the motor with.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Yeah, I'll bet. From your 4runner post I'm guessing that is taking up some time. ;)

Hope you can make the time.
Cheers,
Stump

^ good idea. A plan would be cool.

As for the work days i'm not sure how available i'll be just yet.

After the meeting yesterday, the work day will be the 24th.

I thought I was going out of town the weekend of the 18th but found out I'll be out of town the weekend of the 24th instead.
If y'all would like to use my 2 gallon jug of purple power degreaser I can drop it off at toms house.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Bump to the top....

Git yer gloves, grubby clothes and a dust mask and come on down (up or over?) to Tom's Cruiser Cave this Saturday. We start at 9am. primary tasks are clean-up the engine and start on the bottom side of the tube.

I'm still coming, and I'm bringing Tom's engine hoist so we can lift/move/whatever that engine.

Well it wasn't the best turnout today for the Raffle Truck work-day; Myself, Steve, and Jon showed up and worked on the 2F since it was pulled last month. We removed most of the bolt-on's and all the vacuum hoses and other rubber hoses. The biggest success was removal of the air/smog tube--with no damage. Plan for next time to do some de-greasing, minor painting of brackets, and reassembly. Also next time, if we have the sawhorses for the body, is to pressure wash the bottom of the tub and begin prepping it for paint/bed-liner protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom