Magnaflow Y-Pipe (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jumping in on this never-ending thread with one question for the do-ers here: I see a few comments about the noise being louder than stock when using this Y-pipe and stock muffler/resonator. Anyone have experience to the contrary? I'm not hoping for a louder exhaust...

Zero difference.

Agreed, no difference in sound.

However, After battling various exhaust leaks over the last year I have gone back to new OEM hardware. I was trying brass nuts, stainless bolts, and lock washers. This did not work. I have since replaced gaskets again and hardware, all OEM.

I noticed maybe a slight more throaty sound but so little that you wouldn't notice most likely.

Jumping in on this never-ending thread with one question for the do-ers here: I see a few comments about the noise being louder than stock when using this Y-pipe and stock muffler/resonator. Anyone have experience to the contrary? I'm not hoping for a louder exhaust...

It sounds so good you will find yourself power braking and revving to 8K at Stop Lights. I've yet to win any races thou.

In all honestly you can not detect a difference, but there is no fun in that.

Its not the y pipe that changes the sound but muffler/resonator combo. Aftermarket resonator is key to the sound.

Its not the y pipe that changes the sound but muffler/resonator combo. Aftermarket resonator is key to the sound.

IMHO not completely true. I did have an entire aftermarket exhaust, but original y-pipe. I replaced it finally with the magna flow unit and noticed with the windows down on acceleration you could hear a slightly more throaty sound. It almost sounds like it's thinner walled but i'm sure that is not the case, i just think it flows better.

Probably right. I swapped everything at once. Though im fairly certain the fake bosal resonator isnt helping.
In other news, cant say im thrilled with the magnaflow direct fit ypipe or cats. After one winter they are totally coated in rust. Havent gotten under there to really inspect but they sound like theyre leaking

do you live in the rustbelt? Not much survives that area. Make sure it's not surface rust... mine shows some rust, but it's just on the surface.

I agree with jungle. It's just surface rust and OEM would do that too. But I admit the Y-pipe was pretty when it started to blue and was still shiny. But mine quickly got covered with mud, snow, and anything else that came off the trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom