Magnaflow Y-Pipe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Y-pipe is pretty deteriorated and I seem to be getting a lot more heat of the cats this summer.
Good time to replace the Y-pipe, cats, and maybe full exhaust.

Recent exhaust threads showed the Magnaflow downpipe looking much better than the Bosal.

The issue is the Magnaflow is about $80 or $90 more than the Bosal.

All the major suppliers have the Magnaflow 23120 for $339.

Some further Googling found Rockin4x4 has a price of $259 with free shipping. Additional 5% off if you sign up for their news letter. That puts the price at about the same as the Bosal.

Ordered one yesterday $247 out the door.

Here's the link:

http://www.rockin4x4.com/magnaflow-...talytic-converter-23120-catalytic-converters/

I'll probably get the Bosal cat back and do the complete exhaust at the same time.

Best price I found on the Bosal was through Advanced Auto using their $40 off coupons. One coupon per exhaust piece. Free shipping.

Front - $117
Rear - $77
-------------
total - $194

That will put the full exhaust with new cat at $441. Will still need hangers, gaskets and studs, but that seems like a great price for a full system.

HTH

Edited for language. He meant to say "goshdarn government bs"

Legal: 49 State; "In California, this part may not be used upon a highway and may only be used for race purposes"

Of course the CA-legal version is double the price (447103)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link to rockin4x4. I just saved some $ on a part I have been looking to buy anyway.

+1

FYI - MagnaFlow 23622 cat#2 replacement can be found here:

http://www.rockin4x4.com/magnaflow-...talytic-converter-23622-catalytic-converters/

List price is $153.75 before discount. After discount it's $146.06 with free shipping. I didn't see a search box on their site, and advanced google search didn't find it. Had to change the URL manually and got lucky.

Thanks again PoorHouse for sharing this vendor. That's a savings of $147 for those two parts compared to Summit Racing, Amazon, and most other vendors.

Anyone in socal that needs these pm me, I have a hook up.:poof:

Site is a little weird with no search box.

I didn't see anything negative about them on a Google search so gave it a try.

Paid with CC so I can dispute if it is a scam.

I'll report back when I receive the part.

Is that stainless steel?

Or just aluminized steel.

Yes it's aluminized steel. I know a guy on here recently had the magnaflow y pipe coated with cerakote, looked really nice.

I used VHT Ceramic Paint on the heat shields, works great, But can be used on headers so downpipes are no big deal

sp100_072910.jpg

I used VHT Ceramic Paint on the heat shields, works great, But can be used on headers so downpipes are no big deal

sp100_072910.jpg

How does it hold up?

Mangaflow states they are stainless on their website. Probably 409ss, which is used by many OEMs. It will surface rust, much like the factory parts, but will last far longer than aluminized steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom