LX450 Shop Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mts

Threads
Where's the best place to get one of these? I tried http://www.toyotaguys.com/ which is where I get most of my parts and he said he could not get any Lexus manuals. I'll hurl if I have to get one from my local Lexus dealership (not to mention I'll likely have to sell the truck to be able to afford it). Suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike
:beer:

Do you need anything specific? I have my 96 shop man on my comp and I can probably email you a section that you need.

Tenn

I did buy mine from my local Lexus/Toyota dealer. They claimed it was a special order as they print them on demand ::) - which I can actually believe.

I'm sure you could just use a Toyota manual, there are very few differences, especially for the major components (ie engine, tranny, etc)

In the end, the price was not all that bad - in line with what I have heard for other manuals, maybe a touch more expensive

Cheers, Hugh :beer:

Tenn,

Thanks for the offer, but I really don't need anything specific. I'll be installing a supercharger in a couple weeks and thought I would just go ahead and get one in case anything came up.

It's times like these that I wish I had just gotten a LC instead of the LX450. I bet 98% of the parts are the same. I looked around for a while and in the end ended up with the used LX450 because it was the same price as the used LC's I was looking at and it had a better stereo. ::)

Mike

Mike, just bend over and get the lexus manual from the lexus dealer. Not much is different, but if you need that small bit that is, you would be really pissed if you didn't have it. For installing the super download the install from George S. http://www.geocities.com/george_tlc/index.html . Combine that with the manual that comes with the kit and you should be alright.
Sean

Tenn,

How'd you get your manual on the pc? :dunno:

I was thinking of buying a whole nother manual, only to rip it up and scan it - but, if you know another way, I'm all ears. :bow:

Mts,
I have 96 lx450 and had problem even buying parts from Toyota because they don't have cross references so
I bought the Lexus one vol FSM from Lexus of Smithtown, NY
for $106. plus tax and shipping.
631- 360-3878 Mike is the parts mgr

I am reading my fsm about the analog cell phone installed in mine -- very interesting.

Peace, Steve

Steve,

Thanks a lot for that number.  I'll likely give them a call.  My Lexus dealer wants $280 for the manual and the parts manager is a real ahole about it as well. :eek:  Apparantly, Lexus vehicles are really too complicated for anyone but the dealer to work on them.  Ummm, yeah, right, whatever. ::)  

I also tired two dealerships over the internet and got quotes of $290 from both. Ouch!

I ordered one on CD off ebay for $30.  It's supposed to have all the same stuff on it.  We'll see I suppose.  It should be here this week, so for $30 its worth a shot.

Mike

Got the CD in. From what I can tell, it's got the complete manual. Pretty sweet. I wanted one hard copy, so I printed it out. Ended up with a stack of info over 5 inches high...yikes! :D

Mike

Mike,
Can you please capture a couple of example pages and post them here? I've heard from others that the CD version is garbage. They are inexpensive and if the content is OK then it might be a good addition to the FSM.
-B-

B,

It's in Adobe format, I'll see if I can get a few pages scanned into a .jpg format and post them here. In the meantime, I shot a couple chapters to CruiserDan and asked him to post back here if he think's they're worth having.

Mike

C-Dan,
Attach a few pages to a PM for me please. Ping :D me via IM if you need instructions on how to attach a PDF to an e-mail.
-B-

There's always Kazaa , and the possibility of allowing a .zip'd copy of your manual to be downloaded by us wonderful folk  :slap:

And think of all the good karma ... from us , anyway  :dunno:

Tyler

Mike,
Excellent choice on the pages to post!

Please do me a favor and look carefully through the sections that you loaded to your web site on the Front Axle Shaft R&I and the Steering Knuckle. I read through those (hard for me to read) sections and I don't see where it calls for the ABS sensor to be removed.

As others can attest, skipping this step is expensive and it's easy to skip for those that have done Toyota knuckles but haven't done one with ABS.

Anyway, that will give us an idea on how complete the instructions are. I would have to read it thoroughly to be sure it is complete but it looked pretty good and the exploded parts diagrams help with assembly.

-B-

Mike,

It is quite useful. I do not believe that it is a factory publication as I saw "courtisy of Totota Motor Sales..." several times. That does not mean that it is not useful, it just means it isn't factory. I wouldn't toss it out. Sometime publications of this nature miss a few things. Of course so do the factory ones. EG my 93 FSM doesn't have a single page on the full floating rear axle......... :tear:

Regards....Dan :beer:

Dan and B,

Not factory....bummer. :'( Oh well, it still appears to have a bunch of info and will likely do for a reasonable reference for now. I'm still one of those idiots that will usually only resort to the instructions if I get hopelessly stuck on something. This will be a descent reference for that.

B - on the ABS. It does not say anything about ABS in this section, but in the removal and installation notes it says see section on BRAKES for that discussion. I think there's likely some stuff like this missing.

If anyone ever wants a section of this thing, just email me and I'll get it to you. Sounds like it might be helpful, but probably not gospel.

Mike

It looks similar to a computer reference I just found at the local community college library.  They have a automotive/diesel program there and one of the computers in the library is dedicated to the vehicle manual, it lists most cars, I don't know how far back it goes though.  I can't remember the name of the system, but it will be a good reference!  There may something similar at a library near you :G

Ya, my indie mechanic also gets DVD manuals from some 'service' that covers all car models. These replace the racks of books mechanics used to have.

When I brought my truck to him, he used his manual, but he suggested that I invest in a FSM (for both him and me!). As C-dan mentioned, the FSM is good, but not fantastic (I need pictures :stupid:) - I couldn't find anything on the sunroof drains - location, etc.

Cheers, Hugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom