LX450 (FJ80 series) dashboard cluster, power windows, sunroof not functioning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,
So I was working on installing a stereo to my 1997 LX450 but I was not able to complete the task. I reinstalled the OEM stereo back and had it working but then I realized that it started to rain and wanted to raise the windows. The windows weren’t working, none of my windows were working not even the sunroof. I also noticed that the warning indicators on dashboard weren’t lit? However the LX450 would turn on but then I also noticed that the dashboard gauges weren’t working either. No alternator, temperature, Oil (but that is usually low to begin with), the park, reverse etc weren’t lit like normal. So what turned out to be a simple stereo swap turned into a can of worms. I checked all the fuses (underneath the steering wheel and engine compartment) with a DMM didn’t notice a problem with the fuses. Can someone provide me some direction to resolve my dilemma? I’m hoping someone has come across something like this before.
Thanks,
Triple E

Hi, Did you disconnect battery when doing the work ? Did one of the fuseable links not get hooked back up ? Mike

Hi, Did you disconnect battery when doing the work ? Did one of the fuseable links not get hooked back up ? Mike
I wasn't smart enough to remember to disconnect the battery. I didn't mess with any fusible links that I can remember.

Fusible link AM1.
Look at section H-"Power source" in your FSM.
AM1 works with All components in “CIG”, “WIPER”, “GAUGE”, “TURN”, “ECU-IG”, “REAR-HTR”, “IGN”, “DIFF” and “FL POWER” circuits.
I didn't think it was AH1 because I had power to the wiper, CIG, Rear heater. Regardless, I will check.

AM1 works with All components in “CIG”, “WIPER”, “GAUGE”, “TURN”, “ECU-IG”, “REAR-HTR”, “IGN”, “DIFF” and “FL POWER” circuits.
I didn't think it was AH1 because I had power to the wiper, CIG, Rear heater. Regardless, I will check.
Your first post said that GAUGES and power windows were not working. The common between these 2 is fusible link AM1. That is the most logical place to start.

Your first post said that GAUGES and power windows were not working. The common between these 2 is fusible link AM1. That is the most logical place to start.

Should he check his ground on the ignitor? :rofl::rofl::rofl::flipoff2::deadhorse:

Yep, the dashboard gauges and the windows weren't working . I will test link AM1 for continuity once I'm back at home.

what fuse is the gauge? I thought it was AM1? This is starting to be a real pain.

Look at the fuse cover, it's the one marked Gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom