LX 470 2006 - Rear whale tail spoiler removal - some ideas to plug the holes, please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want it out of my office. How's $50? I can shop around shipping if you're interested. PM me. It's light. I bet it wouldn't be too bad.

I'll be down for that. If FedEx/UPS is reasonable, you got yourself a deal. This includes the center brake light and mounting hardware?

Once I have it mounted, my hatch center brake light would be up for sale B-)

Looks like the ladder is $220 and they haven't posted photos yet on their web site.

Looks like the ladder is $220 and they haven't posted photos yet on their web site.

They used to give these out for free with purchase, often saw them for sale second hand. Now that I want one of course they wont be up until I buy one then 10 people will be selling theirs. 200 bucks is not all that bad I guess. I went to pick up my Bajarack yesterday at the terminal. Old man tried to help me strap it down, wouldn't take no for an answer, when I went to the other side of the truck to see what he was doing he strapped it from the rear wheel well and had it wratched it down put a dent on my fender .... uhhgg.... it was the good side of the truck, I know he meant well so I didn't say anything. Going to try and push it out from the inside if I can reach it.

The whale tail likely gets moot once an after market roof rack is installed. But, I didn't notice any change from when it was stock.

After removing spoiler, I added a factory brake light. It was a really easy plug-n-play solution.

Would still love to know what good solutions folks have for the mounting point holes... someone should fashion some kind of an accessory mount or such (rear lights?) that would simultaneously take advantage of the screw mounts and cover up the holes.

IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

Hi all, I just purchased an LX 470. 3rd brake light on the spoiler has failed. I needed it to pass inspections. Does anybody have an extra third brake light that can fit on a 2006 LX 470 spoiler?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for all the amazing information that you guys have created on this site!

Are you able to replace the whale spoiler and install this?

Edit: sorry, missed this post:

Are you able to replace the whale spoiler and install this?

Edit: sorry, missed this post:
I think that may work. There is a cover under the whale tail that looks like an place golder for that light.

I see this thread has been resurrected, so I want to ask about something I have been wondering - can the whale tail spoiler be switched for the flat style wind deflector? Are the mounting holes the same?

Dern

(a) Using a screwdriver, detach the 4 claws and remove the 2 rear spoiler covers
Probably a dumb question but what are the "4 claws" that are referred to here?

Waoo a lot of time ago, but now checking pictures, i realized that there are only 2 bolts on top each corner and 2 claws, but you have to slides the spoiler

my 04 came with the whale tail AND the 3rd brake light...wonder where i can get the blockoff plate for the 3rd brake light that leaks?

so is the best option to add the rear third light? removed the whale tail today and like the idea of a upper brake light! also anyone finding a way to mount LED trail lights to those holes that the spoiler left?

PFA

tempImagelRNaIZ.png

After removing spoiler, I added a factory brake light. It was a really easy plug-n-play solution.

Would still love to know what good solutions folks have for the mounting point holes... someone should fashion some kind of an accessory mount or such (rear lights?) that would simultaneously take advantage of the screw mounts and cover up the holes.

View attachment 1332693 View attachment 1332695

View attachment 1332694
Reviving this old thread but can you link where you got the light from please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom