LS400 ---> LX450 Sunvisor mod ! FZJ80 MUST HAVE ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just ordered a set of the site.
I Modified my stock catch to work, but for $20 it's worth it for the angled spacer to get them to swing properly.
Thanks.

Can anybody verify if these are ls400 visors? They were a gift and I only know they came off a Lexus. They look a little different than what I'm seeing pictured so I want to make sure the adapter will work.

16741864769183039973822485572679.jpg

Can anybody verify if these are ls400 visors? They were a gift and I only know they came off a Lexus. They look a little different than what I'm seeing pictured so I want to make sure the adapter will work.

Can't see for sure if they're from an LS400 but maybe if you measure the length and the height of those visors that might help us figure out if these are the correct ones.

Reactions: KTP
Just got my solvefunction spacer and clip. Fits great. But cant get lights to work. Keep blowing 10 amp fuse in engine compartment. Which is the positive wire from the visor. The red or the blue? I know that the blue yellow from the car is positive. But assumed the red was positive on the visor side. Any help before I cut the wires again?
Tom
96 LX450

Just got my solvefunction spacer and clip. Fits great. But cant get lights to work. Keep blowing 10 amp fuse in engine compartment. Which is the positive wire from the visor. The red or the blue? I know that the blue yellow from the car is positive. But assumed the red was positive on the visor side. Any help before I cut the wires again?
Tom
96 LX450
Bulbs in the visors are non-polar. Even if they were (led), it would just not light instead of blowing a fuse. Check the wiring for shorts, looking closely for chafing against the roof panel

Bulbs in the visors are non-polar. Even if they were (led), it would just not light instead of blowing a fuse. Check the wiring for shorts, looking closely for chafing against the roof panel
Thanks. Went back and read all the post. Got in the car this morning. Slid the visor over an inch and opened the thing and the mirrors work perfect. Lights on both of them are working.

Thanks. Went back and read all the post. Got in the car this morning. Slid the visor over an inch and opened the thing and the mirrors work perfect. Lights on both of them are working.
Did you figure out what was causing the fuses to blow?

Has anyone tried LS460 visors?
I'm pretty sure they'll work but you'll need to cut the mounting base. The visor light is in the headliner on 460s and the plug that detects if the visor is open is integrated. Also the clips that hold it in 460s won't work on 80s. You'll need to use 400 or 430 ones.
I lucked out at a pick n pull that had a 400, 430, and 460 with tan visors. Grabbed all- 400s match the best.
IMG_6284 copy.jpg

I'm pretty sure they'll work but you'll need to cut the mounting base. The visor light is in the headliner on 460s and the plug that detects if the visor is open is integrated. Also the clips that hold it in 460s won't work on 80s. You'll need to use 400 or 430 ones.
I lucked out at a pick n pull that had a 400, 430, and 460 with tan visors. Grabbed all- 400s match the best.
View attachment 3470606
Could you measure the distance between the two mounting plate holes? If it’s the same as the Cruiser then I’m going to give them a try.

Sharing my visor knowledge after plundering all the pick n pull type yards within 100 miles of me.
95+ LS400s fit (clips work).
01+ LS430 fit (clips work).
07-12(?) LS460 should fit with modification (different clips, have to use LS400/430 clips). I have a set but haven't fitted them yet. They have a different vanity light wiring set up that plugs into the headliner instead of the loose connector (you'll probably have to cut it off). They're also a little slimmer than the LS400/430s.
Ones I don't think I've seen mentioned in this thread:
98-05 GS fit (clips work).
04-09 RX (different clips, have to use LS400/430/GS clips). These are my favorite, they're larger than all the others. You'll have to trim the large washer retaining the spring for it to fit. Also they're super snappy and won't fully snap closed. I think with the visor spacer solvefunction sells they'll have the room to. Pictured below.
03-09 4Runner. I'm like 90% sure these will fit too since the mounting holes are the same distance and style. I've bought 2 4runners with bum visors so I personally wouldn't bother pulling off a used set.
IMG_6592.jpeg
IMG_6595.jpeg
IMG_6598.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom