Low and Hi beams at the same time? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have LED bulbs so heat is not a problem. Few years ago with my Chevy Silverado there was a mod where i would put a jumper from low beam relay to hi beam relay and thus low beams would come on at the same time when hi beams were used.

I would like yo do the same mod to my LX570. Did anyone accomplish this?

There is a company that makes this for GMs etc, called "All lights on". Is there a mod like that for LC/LX platform????

Have LED bulbs so heat is not a problem. Few years ago with my Chevy Silverado there was a mod where i would put a jumper from low beam relay to hi beam relay and thus low beams would come on at the same time when hi beams were used.

There is a company that makes this for GMs etc, called "All lights on". Is there a mod like that for LC/LX platform????
Following this thread for a result. I had a fOrD that you could enable the fogs to stay on with high beams concurrently with their equivalent of Techstream. Affectionately called "bambi mode" in that community. It looks like Toyota has a much more complicated means of headlight control comparatively IMO.

There's always the option of using a harness (Stedi comes to mind) to tap into the high beam switch and wire in extra aftermarket lighting. This would of course not be a direct answer to your question though.

What year LX? On my 2013 LC (which has HIDs) the low beams stay on when I turn my hi beams on.

What year LX? On my 2013 LC (which has HIDs) the low beams stay on when I turn my hi beams on.
Same. And I’m pretty sure any year with HIDs will keep the low beams on, as it’s hard on the ignitors to switch back and forth.

Are you referring to Hi/Lo AND Fog Lights?

Every car I have every owned/driven, the Lo's stay on with the Hi's but the Fogs turn off.

Every car I have every owned/driven, the Lo's stay on with the Hi's but the Fogs turn off.
This makes sense from what our overlords have decreed. Eurospec vehicles can have BOTH high's and fogs on concurrently.

He was asking about the high/low beams at the same time best I can tell.

This makes sense from what our overlords have decreed. Eurospec vehicles can have BOTH high's and fogs on concurrently.

He was asking about the high/low beams at the same time best I can tell.
I understand that. The Low beams do not turn off when the high beams are on......

Many states don't allow fogs to be on with hi beams. Not sure why.

I installed Stedi fogs that the fog portion comes on with lows only, but it also has built in driving lights that stay on all the time, including hi beams.

Many states don't allow fogs to be on with hi beams. Not sure why.

I installed Stedi fogs that the fog portion comes on with lows only, but it also has built in driving lights that stay on all the time, including hi beams.
Most states have a "4 light" rule. So low+fog or low+high. Really you technically shouldn't need fog lights if you're using your high beams (and you shouldn't use your high beams if you need fog lights), though I'm with you as to wanting as much light as possible when I flip my high beams on, which is why my offroad driving lights are tied to my high beams

If I'm understanding, you're looking for a shortcut where flashing or turning on highbeams will also always also turn on low beams, regardless of whether the low beams are on. I don't know a shortcut for that. But at least the headlights are not cut when highbeams are on.

Wouldn't be too hard to wire a relay to do this at the headlamp. Another more effective way may be to upgrade the high beam LEDs as there's aftermarket bulbs that put out way more light.

Now the stock setup does cut fogs when high beams are on. Here's my mod to circumvent that.

Yes, that is how mine works, and how I believe all the 200-series to work.

Most states have a "4 light" rule. So low+fog or low+high. Really you technically shouldn't need fog lights if you're using your high beams (and you shouldn't use your high beams if you need fog lights), though I'm with you as to wanting as much light as possible when I flip my high beams on, which is why my offroad driving lights are tied to my high beams

Yup, nailed it.

Odd. My 23 Tundra throws hi, lows and light bar all at the same time with the option to turn the bar off (all OEM lights).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom