Loose Hand Brake Cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
(Sorry if answered before...I couldn't return any useful search results. Maybe I'm using the wrong keywords.)

Hey Pros!

Has anyone undergone and documented complete brake cable service/replacement? From the rear of the vehicle look forward, the cable reaching to either side of rear wheels are loose...and when handbrake lever is engaged fully, it tightens the cable just enough to straighten it out but not enough to even catch the parking brakes.

Wanted to check if anyone had experience: what to check first and how to know if I need to replace any parts? I'm suspecting possibly needing to remove center console but want to avoid that if adjustment/service is done under the car near rear diff instead.

Mine is in need of adjustment as well.
I have not yet looked in the FSM for the procedure....have you?
Forgot about this...I did buy service manual PDFs on eBay a few weeks back. Will post back if I find anything useful.

the adjustment is done via a turnbuckle that is integrated into the e-brake cable near the driver's side rear brake. Just follow the cable from the rear brake and you'll see. it's really very easy to adjust

Thanks @excessive & @Rebus Knebus

Had a nerve pinch in my lower back last night and near took me out...reading up on suggestions now and will inspect in a few days when I'm able. Thanks for the link to the pdf!

I believe I have the opposite problem. When I pull the e-brake lever it won’t click and stay in “locked”. My brake indicator light illuminates for a sec then turns off because the lever falls back down.

Do I just have to loosen the parts within the rear driver side brakes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom