Looking to Purchase a stock 93 FJ80 w/128K - asking price is $19K!!! What's it really worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I saw a listing on Ebay for a 93 FJ80 LC w/128K miles and the asking price is $19K - the car appears to be in excellent condition, but after looking at KBB and a couple other sources, it still seems to be wayyy overpriced ($5K-$6K being what I see)

If the car is in as good of condition as I'm expecting it to be (pending an inspection), what type of range should be looking at for such a specimen.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

The depth of your pockets + common sense minus most Mud opinions divided by “how badly you want to roll an 80” = the answer to your question.

For well maintained factory paint, absolutely no rust, never had a factory roof rack, everything works, lockers, and 1HD-T with a manual trans behind it.....

Maybe.

KBB doesn't always correctly reflect market value. 19k does sound a little high though. The cost of entry into the FJ80 (fZJ80, if you're into that sort of thing) club can be cheap if you find a beater. Would you rather have a stock turn key rig or spend/save some money and make it what you want?

look up any issues a 93 would have and plan on fixing those along the way and add that into the cost

what does it have?? lockers? triple locked? full service records, ALL receipts. I paid less than that for a lifted supercharged ready to go(kinda) rust free every receipt original sticker serious LC. so its all relavant. because NOW Im seeing 80s that arent even same arena as mine going for over 20K

Hello,

I saw a listing on Ebay for a 93 FJ80 LC w/128K miles and the asking price is $19K - the car appears to be in excellent condition, but after looking at KBB and a couple other sources, it still seems to be wayyy overpriced ($5K-$6K being what I see)

If the car is in as good of condition as I'm expecting it to be (pending an inspection), what type of range should be looking at for such a specimen.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.
Kik.

If you want a SPECIMEN for DISPLAY and investment, go for it. If your planning on wheeling it, then that one is not a good candidate. We often find good solid wheelers for $5000-7000 range.

It’s worth whatever you pay for it! Some will say 3grand, some will say 15 grand! It’s up to you, and how bad you want it! Good luck!

Um- i have a buddy who just picked up a clean 120k miler for $4500....and i have one getting a new hg right now that i guarantee is cleaner than the 19k one with 150k miles that id sell for 9500. Can ship to your door probably for 10,500 and save u 8500.

That price is 100 series territory...

Wow that is clean, especially for an East Coast rig!!!

And actually really impressed with their collection, and their photography!

32615691548_89c94728a4_b.jpg

5-7k I say. 128k is cool but its a 93 which brings its value down a little. At the end of the the day even if it was a mint triple locked 40th edition 97 with 130k on it, personally Id say no more than 10k.

Its a 25 year old Toyota suv, that will need repairs.

Ah, perfect thread. I purchased a 97 LX450 back in 2010, triple locked, lift, and few other mods. It had over 200K on the ODO. It has been a great vehicle and still is after years of use and some really good off-roading. I still use it and will continue.

It seems that there are people that are driving the market up, capitalism I suppose.

I took a look at the FJ.CO and man do they make a nice looking and capable FJ. But damn if I would ever pay that price for one, especially with the particular power plant they are using. Not sure who their customers are, but they must not have any common sense and a pile of cash to waste. Good on FJ for finding a market and making money.

Questions,
What is a landcruiser/LX450 worth? KBB and that is it?
Year groups:
Milage: 50,000; 75,000; 100,000; 125,000; 200,000
Factory options: Lockers, Leather, Anniversary Edition
Condition: Excellant, Great, Good, Ok, Bad

Deals, or rather appropriate prices are out there but are disappearing with people buying, cleaning up and listing for high dollars in the classifieds section. Sometimes capitalism has its down side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom