Looking for rigs w. 33", 34" or lager tires with swingouts. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Riddle me this Bat-mudders: so, I'm getting a little weaker with this old agedness.

I just struggled to get my 33" coopers up to the swing out tire mount. Almost hurt/killed my self doing a modified weight lifting Clean and Jerk type lift :doh:

What method and hardware do you all use to lift the tire and align to the mount studs?

BTW: I have the Dissent double swingout on my lifted (2"+) 100 series.

yours truly......looking for 1200mg Ibuprofen

Last edited:
Riddle me this Bat-mudders: so, I'm getting a little weaker with this old agedness.

I just struggled to get my 33" coopers up to the swing out tire mount. Almost hurt/killed my self doing a modified weight lifting Clean and Jerk type lift :doh:

What method and hardware do you all use to lift the tire and align to the mount studs?

BTW: I have the Dissent double swingout on my lifted (2"+) 100 series.

yours truly......looking for 1200mg Ibuprofen
bumping this in disbelief...can't believe I'm the only one with this concern. All you other mudders must be supermen y superwomen🏋️‍♂️

I'm 62 and (usually) still showing the kids how to do it right. ;) But I gotta admit, most mornings when I get up I am well aware of various injuries over the years that are still with me. :(

That said, I'm moving large tires in and out of pickup beds and on and off of tire carriers pretty routinely. If you are not in the mood to toss that tire around like an angry luggage handler working double shifts during Christmas rush, then you just have to outsmart it. Possibly get it off the floor and up onto a stool or a couple of milk crates to let you shift your grip to get it onto the carrier? Might not be a suggestion that will help much on the side of the road, but around the shop/garage it would be pretty easy to make happen.

Mark...

you can get tire lifters for around the shop if needed. I’ve being using the method I mentioned above for 20 years as a tech and it’s worked out so far. I grab the tire from the side, pull it into my hip and use my knee to do most of the lifting. I’m 40 now and still feel safe lifting them this way. The only other thing I could suggest is using some kind of winch to pull it up to the Carrier.

you can get tire lifters for around the shop if needed. I’ve being using the method I mentioned above for 20 years as a tech and it’s worked out so far. I grab the tire from the side, pull it into my hip and use my knee to do most of the lifting. I’m 40 now and still feel safe lifting them this way. The only other thing I could suggest is using some kind of winch to pull it up to the Carrier.
This is about how I do it with my 37s. Let my knees do the lifting and it's not so bad. I've learned to just not rush it.

you're doing it all wrong ;)

20230620_174207.jpg

I have 35s on my 80. I am only 130 pounds and getting old. it is a challange to "get it up". ;)

I open the tail gait and can lift it onto the tail gait. From there i xan stand up the tire and rotate it until the bolt holes are right. Then i pick it up and carry it tothe swing out. Sounds harder but it means i can do it in two separate smooth steps. No trying to go from the ground all the way up and line up the bolt holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom