Looking for LSEAT Feedback (replacement leather seat covers) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is an issue that I am having presently. The leather was replaced a long while back on my LC, but I don't think that they replaced the foam. The foam just feels a tired in the seats. I am going to start looking for a shop in Denver to replace the foam.

Please post if/when you find someone! This is on my "in the next year, or so" list lol.

I think the seat foam is still available from Toyota. You'll prob spend more on the foam than you did on the leather though.

I think the seat foam is still available from Toyota. You'll prob spend more on the foam than you did on the leather though.

My foam guy included it in his labor cost. $250 total. I don't think you absolutely need to go OEM on foam. A good upholsterer should have plenty. and this shouldn't be eyebrow raising expensive.

I sure wish this would work out. I have a 2002 LC with Oak interior and a 2004 LC with Ivroy that I want to recover front and back seats in both. I have been trying for a month and a half to get samples with no luck. I only received one response to an email from them at 3:00 AM in the morning saying “OK” to the sample request. That was about a month ago.
I have no idea what color would match the original leather.

If anyone has a better source or suggestion... please let me know.

That's hilarious! I was beginning to think I had sent my request to the wrong email address because this happened to me about two months ago when I requested material samples for my Volvo. "ok", nothing else. Ha! Horrible service but very entertaining.

Yeah, I would plan on copying someone else’s choices. There will never be customer service in the auto upholstery business. My installer likes me because I go talk face to face, no phone calls.

Lseat has gotta be like everyone else, meaning basically a stitch and sew sweatshop relying on a rotary phone.

Please post if/when you find someone! This is on my "in the next year, or so" list lol.

Ha ha I will try to remember!

I would even buy the seat bottom foam pad as it is only about $125 from many sites, but I also want to do the seat back. I am almost thinking about just posting a wanted ad for a seat in the parts forum.

My foam guy included it in his labor cost. $250 total. I don't think you absolutely need to go OEM on foam. A good upholsterer should have plenty. and this shouldn't be eyebrow raising expensive.

This is really good to know. Thanks for the tip. Were you happy with the foam that the installer used? Does it feel "like new"?

Yes, yes, and yes! To be blunt, they are doing foam on a daily basis if they are doing a good volume of restoration, so they should be able to fit ANY brand of foam. It's an afterthought to them and a 'decent' installer should have it by the yard.

I have ordered from L-seat twice for a total of 3 rows.
First order was a buddy and I ordered the front row for our land cruisers.

I first asked for a sample and received confirmation. Waited 3 weeks and nothing. The I found the confirmation email and asked when the sample will arrive. "Soon", he said "Just mailed it out today." Waited another week and nothing. I sent a second email stating multiple orders are waiting on the sample to properly choose the color. Showed up 4 days later, us mail. It was a 1 page sheet with 2 sq inch samples glued to it. Showed colors, textures, and one with perforations.

I ordered two front rows. (one for me, another for the my friend's LC) Total was $660; $300 each row, $30 for shipping for each row. I got an email trying to correct me. They thought I wanted a front and middle row. I said in an email, "No. This is for two different vehicles. One front row with perforations, One front row without perforations" They said "Ok" and then nothing for 4 weeks. The package showed up in 4 weeks, about what was expected. I received One front row and one middle row. No perforations. I sent and email explaining the shipment was not what I ordered. Response from the email was very quick (less than 1 day) saying sorry. I told me to send the incorrect part back and they will send out the right order once they confirm the mistake. I replied with and email asking for $30 for shipping it back or a a prepaid return label. They replied within two days with a return label. I boxed it up and out it went, the next day. Two days later, I received confirmation from the shipper that the package was delivered. I sent an email stating that the package was delivered and asked if he has processed the rest of my order. He said it was ordered.
4 weeks later, the rest of my order showed up. All correct.

About the product. The leather seems nice. I was at least as thick as what was on my 95 LC. The perforations look good, and I hope they help as my back and but gets hot if I sit too long in the seat. One note is that the entire seat is leather. The seat covers I removed were not that way. The place you sit is leather, but the seat skirts and sides of the seat back were synthetic. L-Seat's covers are 100% leather. It's as if they had no vinyl or synthetic. Only leather for everything. Stitching looked good and it was time to install. Installation went well except for one spot where the cutout for the seat controls was in the wrong place.

So, back to taking pictures and an email stating the seat was made incorrectly and I needed a correct cover. As usual, I got a reply email quickly stating sorry for the error and that a new one will be sent out to me. I waited a week then got impatient and fixed the problem my self and finished the installation. 3 weeks later the new seat came. I guess I have extra now.

More on the subject later. I have typed enough for now.

In short, they screwed up a fir bit but always corrected it. Each time took 4 weeks. So far I am very happy with the seats, but getting what I ordered took quite a bit.

I would like to know from anyone that has used Lseat to please tell me what color best match’s the 2002 LC “Oak” interior and 2004 LC “Ivory” interior.

Since I have so far been unable to get samples.

MY 2001 WAS BISQUE, I POSTED PICTURES ON HERE,

I'm about to take Legal action against LSeat, I'm just trying to figure out how to properly do it. They promised me my seats in 3 weeks, and it took them over 6 months to make them. I saw them on Amazon, and now they want me to bypass Amazon, and send them a Cashier's check with no Ebay or Amazon protection, as both of those accounts have been canceled. They never answer the telephone, and they rarely returned my emails. I'm not about to send them over $600.00 with no buyer protection, with their horrible business practices, in never answering the telephone, rarely answering email, failing to make my seats for six whole months, and then making them wrong after the first four months. I sent them detailed pictures asking for a logo, with pictures, and they made the seats without the requested logo. It took them another two months, for a total of six months to put on the logo. Now, I'm worried that they just removed the old stitching, sewed in the logo, and then restitched the seat together and I will see old stitching.

I asked them to just send back my old rear seats and they can keep their seats. They asked for my rear seat as a model, since they only had a model for my front Jeep seats. They said they would give me a discount so, I sent my rear seat covers. Now, I've had a rear seat in my living room for 9 months now. I'm furious with them. I've never experienced this sort of thing from someone that I found on Amazon. It figures why their account was canceled on Amazon and Ebay. Any ideas how to proceed legally?

Sorry to hear of your trouble with them. The practical problem is the value of what you’re fighting over. Likely to cost more in attorney’s fees than what your old seat covers and new ones would cost combined. That’s not to say you can’t threaten action to get their attention. I don’t know anything about what they would do with old seat covers, but my guess is that they have been disassembled so they would have a template to cut new leather.

Been watching this thread a while is I need to get the front seats of my 2000 TLC recovered. I’ve ordered samples, but so far nothing since ordering them early February. A follow up email got a response that they have been mailed - we’ll see if they ever show up.

Anyone have any reliable providers they would recommend?

Anyone have any reliable providers they would recommend?

I looked at leather seats.com. But, they told me that the couldn't make my seats all leather. They said they could only make part vinyl and part leather. I talked to their sales manager on the telephone and I decided against that option. They do seem a lot more professional though. Maybe it was just my particular seats that didn't originally come in leather at all. But, Lseats had no problem with making them all leather. They just have horrible customer service and horrible time that it actually takes them to make the seats. And, then they don't want you to have any buyer protection except what they decide to give you.

I just emailed them and credit card is an option that I am willing to make. We will see if they will accept my Visa Debit. At least this way, I have some purchase protection. Money Order and Cashier's check leave me no credit protection. And, I'm not willing to take that risk with over $600.00 dollars with them and their horrible business practices.

I just emailed them and credit card is an option that I am willing to make. We will see if they will accept my Visa Debit. At least this way, I have some purchase protection. Money Order and Cashier's check leave me no credit protection. And, I'm not willing to take that risk with over $600.00 dollars with them and their horrible business practices.

I’d think long and hard about using a debit card, but possibly a credit card after reviewing what protection each provides in the event you don’t get or there is an issue with what they send. Amex, discover, and visa/master card likely differ. With a debit card once the draft comes out of your account YOUR money is gone unless you go through the process to get it back and are successful. With a credit card, I would think you’d have less risk, but check your rights out

I think the learning moment here is dont make special orders with LSeat- stick to the menu and anticipate (based on what all others have reported) slow communication and that it will take a month or two to get your order.

Adjust expctations to the selling price. Youve read the complaints in other threads so you knew before you ordered what to expect.

Fwiw: I believe the seat covers are sewn in South America and shipped up here. Which might explain the delay in communication and production lead time. These are all made to order, not sitting in a warehouse waiting to ship. They probably also use contract cut & sew which helps keep the cost way down.

Not that it makes a difference for anyone who has the expectation for white glove service with a bargain price, but $350 for front cowhide leather seats is 1/3 the cost of anything close- in fact most decent seat covers are more expensive.

I bought my seats from leather seats.com I went with a two tone that closely matches the tan/brown parts in the interior. The centers are perforated. They are leather on the seating surface and vinyl on the backs and sides. The vinyl is completely fine for those worried that it’s not 100% leather, and I ordered 2 large pieces of each color in vinyl for center console cover and whatever else I might need. I have a thread somewhere on this.

The steam is awesome, but if your foam has been beat down for too long, it just won’t fluff back up and stay. My drivers seat bottom needs to be replaced. If you wait, and don’t replace it when you do your seats, then it will wrinkle into the worn area and kinda form to it. The seats were a little baggy to begin with, and really soft. After about 6 months they have tightened up and become less soft and more tough feeling.

Install isn’t too difficult for me but I have sewn my own interiors before. It would probably be a pain for someone lacking mechanical skills.

The quality seems really nice, I would buy them again, but probably go all vinyl because it’s a lot less expensive, lasts longer than leather and pretty much looks the same. I do wish I had gone with fabric though, I’m so sick of sweating on long trips.

I only have installed 2 seats, the back is next. I have a 4 yr old so I can only install 1 seat per year.:bang:

I’d think long and hard about using a debit card, but possibly a credit card after reviewing what protection each provides in the event you don’t get or there is an issue with what they send.
Yeah, good point, thanks. I'll contact my bank tomorrow about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom