Replacement leather seat cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hard to say but it has a 100% money back guarantee so can’t hurt to give it a try and report back.

Those are US-made - I suspect they are decent. I have used generic leather Chinese seat covers on various Toyotas with pretty good luck. I suspect those will be better quality.

Have you done upholstery before? I am a handy person, and I reupholstered my two front seats. I have only ever paid for someone else to work on my car when I am out of town or if insurance is covering it. I think my upholstery job came out really really good. I don’t know if I would do it myself again. I would probably take time off from work just to do this. I would make sure it was a time when my kids were in school so that there would be multiple days with 6 hires of uninterrupted work. You likely pay attention to details better than me, but I doubt if I did it again I would place every hog ring perfectly. I would expect to need to redo a few steps. I would expect me to realize I am past the point where my seat heaters can still be plugged in without removing a few hog rings. I would want these pliers with a hog ring magazine DEWALT Hog Ring Pliers Kit - https://www.acmetools.com/dewalt-hog-ring-pliers-kit-p7dw/885911344173.html

I think when I was frustrated and my fingers were poked to hell, those pliers (if they work as intended) would not be gimmicky at all. If they suck and the old fashioned tool works best, I wish I had put my hog ring in a massive tool bag that couldn’t disappear the second I set them down. I would also put a lanyard on the pliers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom