Looking for ideas on nonOEM mudflaps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for ideas on some non oem mudflaps. I have sliders and Labs rear bumper. Thinking about installing some mudflaps to cut down on buildup of mud inside the crevices and the abuse the body takes from gravel and stuff. Any suggestions on brands and mounting? Especially around the tail pipe.

Are you after form or function?

If it is function you want, in my experience the best bang for the buck is a cut down 18 wheeler mudflap. They are relatively cheap, can be cut to any size or shape you need, and are nearly indestructible. The visible straight edges can be cut on a table saw and the pattern inside the wheel well can be as expansive as you need to cover cracks and crevices. It certainly won't look OEM, but if done carefully they can be made to look like oversize aftermarket flaps.

Just my $.02...

I am looking for ideas on some non oem mudflaps. I have sliders and Labs rear bumper. Thinking about installing some mudflaps to cut down on buildup of mud inside the crevices and the abuse the body takes from gravel and stuff. Any suggestions on brands and mounting? Especially around the tail pipe.
JAOS all day!

IMG_0858.jpg

my labs bumper came sans mudflaps. I’ve always wanted to try and mod the stock read to fit, but mine were long gone when I bought it a d they are expensive.

IiRC there are some cool flaps in the 40 series world as well as the 70 series world.

The large universal rokblokz work well for the purpose you describe. I got some brand new OEM mudlflap body mount plastic threadsert thingys, new screw bolt dealios, punched holes in the rokblokz, mounted them in the rear only, and have over a year with at least 400 speed bumps, 150 curbs, and one tree rat with zero issues. They are rediculously expensive and favorites for overlanding, aka trustafarians, plus rally, which can be nerded out on.

If I actually went off road I could remove them easily but all I'm doing is real life grown up legos and model building. They look great without being noticable and protect the labs void. Pretty sure there's no junkies or bums in the bumper back there but really who am I to judge. No pics deal with it.

They come in Lime Green too!

The large universal rokblokz work well for the purpose you describe. I got some brand new OEM mudlflap body mount plastic threadsert thingys, new screw bolt dealios, punched holes in the rokblokz, mounted them in the rear only, and have over a year with at least 400 speed bumps, 150 curbs, and one tree rat with zero issues. They are rediculously expensive and favorites for overlanding, aka trustafarians, plus rally, which can be nerded out on.

If I actually went off road I could remove them easily but all I'm doing is real life grown up legos and model building. They look great without being noticable and protect the labs void. Pretty sure there's no junkies or bums in the bumper back there but really who am I to judge. No pics deal with it.

What size did you get and how much trimming did you need? Any pictures?

I wish I was cool enough to run lime green. But some jeep guy would probably think I was serious instead of being sarcastic.

I actually like the old chrome tucker naked lady or Yosemite Sam "back off" mud flaps. They make me laugh. But the truth I is just "red neck" enough that someone would probably take me seriously. That's no fun.

When the clear coat on my hood pealed off a few years ago I joked about finding a giant 1970s transam thunder chicken decal. Gota have a sense of humor about our trucks.

Sam all the way! Was super close to cutting some trucker flaps there are some awesome ones out there. These are medium IIRC. I did some cardboard based on sizes and medium was best overall. If I could cut something that didn't look hideous I would have diy all day. I'm a measure 8x, make two templates, then still have to do it twice fabrication person. So even at the tremendous price of rokblox flaps if I DIY it STILL costs a fortune. 315s stock wheels labs bumper
IMG_20220216_120238_kindlephoto-897611385.jpg
IMG_20220216_120436_kindlephoto-897584223.jpg

What size did you get and how much trimming did you need? Any pictures?

I wish I was cool enough to run lime green. But some jeep guy would probably think I was serious instead of being sarcastic.

I actually like the old chrome tucker naked lady or Yosemite Sam "back off" mud flaps. They make me laugh. But the truth I is just "red neck" enough that someone would probably take me seriously. That's no fun.

When the clear coat on my hood pealed off a few years ago I joked about finding a giant 1970s transam thunder chicken decal. Gota have a sense of humor about our trucks.
Sam all the way! Was super close to cutting some trucker flaps there are some awesome ones out there. These are medium IIRC. I did some cardboard based on sizes and medium was best overall. If I could cut something that didn't look hideous I would have diy all day. I'm a measure 8x, make two templates, then still have to do it twice fabrication person. So even at the tremendous price of rokblox flaps if I DIY it STILL costs a fortune. 315s stock wheels labs bumper View attachment 2926592View attachment 2926593
I like those. I wish they were a bit wider.

Your setup is the same as mine, it’s helpful to know that the shape of the labs bumper dictates how things line up with the tire. Great post!:cheers:

Go to your local Flying J Truck Stop, pick up some big truck mudflaps, trim to fit and bolt them on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom