Wanted Looking for clean fzj80 Denver, CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Color
rgb(163, 0, 0)
So i had finally found the 80 series for me at the price I wanted. It had a perfect interior, low miles, lockers, and even a supercharger. The seller and I agreed upon a price and a sell date and the bank had the money ready to transfer. Low and behold the day of the purchase the seller backed out of the deal literally hours before I was supposed to come purchase the truck; he said that his 4runner had been in an accident and is waiting to hear back on if its totaled before he would decide if he would still sell it to me. That being said he has not been in contact with me at all and I would think if he actually wanted to sell the truck he would keep in contact with me knowing i have the money ready to go.

So now I am on the search for another land cruiser that is clean has lockers (arb or stock), low miles, rust free, and has the cloth seats that are in the attached image (those seats aren't a must but i really really would like a truck with those seats).
HRJ4coWh.jpg

If it was 3 linked i would also be interested in that as well. I live in Denver but I am willing to travel for the right truck. I also have a well built low miles 2017 tacoma for sale as well and if someone wanted to trade I might be interested in working something out that way.

The probability of finding those seats is very low. The probability of finding those seats with lockers is very very low. You are looking for one of the rarest 80 series in the U.S. Best of luck to you! If I see one I'll let you know.

The probability of finding those seats is very low. The probability of finding those seats with lockers is very very low. You are looking for one of the rarest 80 series in the U.S. Best of luck to you! If I see one I'll let you know.

You can see why I am so frustrated the guy backed out of the deal on me haha there was one other truck for sale in the same area but blue without lockers and it went quick. Hopefully I can find something but I don't have much confidence in that, thanks for keeping an eye out!

I actually saw one for sale yesterday on the east coast. It was a pile of crap though. The rust they deal with out there is insane. No rockers left on the the driver's side. If I were in your shoes I'd find a nice one with the leather seats and put in aftermarket front seats and pay to get the rest covered to match. I have a couple of cloth seat trucks, the seats are way better than the leather but I've been in love with the Scheelman seats since the first time I sat in them. They are expensive, but you are looking at a premium for your wish list, it might be cheaper to go that route.

Oh really did you have a link? I am curious just to see how bad it is haha

Yeah I am starting to lean towards the route of replacing the leather seats with cloth at this point. As i currently begin to look more and more for trucks with those seats I am coming to find out that they are exceedingly rare. Seeing two of them in my area gave me a little hope but i think that was a fluke.

I am taking a look at a few local trucks this weekend. This is one of the ones i am interested in but to me it seems a little over priced but from what the guy has told me so far a lot of the major maintenance has been done such as engine and transmission rebuilds front and rear axle rebuilds and a bunch of other stuff. If it is true and a lot of the major maintenance has been done is that a reasonable price or is it way too overpriced for what I am getting?

I am also taking a look at these two this weekend and if anyone knows anything about them or has had any interaction with the sellers any extra input would be helpful or if anyone sees some big red flags off the bat let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom