Wanted Looking for a pair of 100-Series diesel saw cuts; Where to start? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
Threads
I’ve been asked by a friend to help him locate a pair of 100 1HDFT/E sawcut front ends to import for conversion projects. Can anyone recommend where I might start to identify either a domestic importer or an Aussie/Middle-east exporter who might be able to supply these bad boys? I know this topic blurs the lines between a tech topic and a classified or importing topic. I'm just looking for the widest viewership right now so I opted to put this here.

Just looking for a place to begin!

Last edited:
Container shipping is unaffordable at the moment. You might have better luck importing whole trucks, shipped RO-RO from Japan. The Canadian importers have a ten-year head start (ie 15 year import rule vs 25) so that might be an option for the vintage you seek. More than a few JDMs rigs got their 'half-cut' performed here and then shipped south.

Thanks for the feedback!
Container shipping is unaffordable at the moment. You might have better luck importing whole trucks, shipped RO-RO from Japan. The Canadian importers have a ten-year head start (ie 15 year import rule vs 25) so that might be an option for the vintage you seek. More than a few JDMs rigs got their 'half-cut' performed here and then shipped south.
Thanks for the feedback. Cost is always a concern, but right now it's not the biggest issue. When you say Canadian importers, do you have any specific outfits in mind that I might call?

maybe even 105 cuts?
I was initially thinking of 105s... but then I got confused and started thinking the 105s only came with the HZ? If they made 1HD-FTE powered 105s, that's what I'd be going for, for sure.

Last edited:
I was initially thinking of 105s... but then I got confused and started thinking the 105s only came in petrol? If they made 1HD-FTE powered 105s, that's what I'd be going for, for sure.
Yes indeed! Coiled Live Axle and diesel

just Awesome!

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback. Cost is always a concern, but right now it's not the biggest issue. When you say Canadian importers, do you have any specific outfits in mind that I might call?
I’m not sure who to call, these days. Lot’s of these guys have come and gone but there are always a few around. Most in BC

Toyota didn’t put a turbo and a live axle in the same hundy. If you wanted a live axle diesel it was a 1HZ
Thought the same for the longest time until I found out otherwise. Somewhere in South America they had 105s with 1dfte.

Thought the same for the longest time until I found out otherwise. Somewhere in South America they had 105s with 1df
I could not find it on DIY, the trifecta I was thinking of may not have been the turbo. Diesel, Live Axle and 5 Speed

I really thought they had an HD and H series 5 speed? maybe someone has Doc

Last edited:
I doubt this almost 100% and would put money on it that this configuration from the factory does not exist.

LOL,
This is starting to sound more and more like the epic 1-HZ Turbo powered Coaster debate. Anyway, it's a shame that the 105/FTE combo isn't easily found. Seems like such a no-brainer to me. I can only imagine that HZ powered 105s must've been intended for farm use?

Either way, I'm hearing global shipping issues and the residual value of complete vehicles has largely killed the feasibility/profitability of the half cut LC. That makes part of me smile, but dang it I need some diesels!

Best bet is find someone in Canada to import an HDJ101 for you and have them half cut it. I’m sure there are some shops that would help you out.

There are lower grade quality trucks for japan with low-ish mileage that pop up occasionally that make good donors. Complete vehicles could run $14k - $18k USD landed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom