Wanted Looking for 3-point non-retractable rear seatbelts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
I am looking for 2 nonretractable rear seatbelts of the 3-point type. I have the 2-point type and the threaded holes in the c-pillar so I want to upgrade to 3-points. Do anyone have some in brown lying around, willing to send to Europe?

Cheers

Do not believe a non retractable three point seat was ever offered in the US market. Possible out of a 40 series LX model in brown but those were never imported to the US and are rare every where. First rear three point seat offered in the US was in the 89 FJ62 and were retractable. Would help your search if you said model and year you have. In the US earlier than 89 60/62 series install the retractable style.

FWIW
My '84 came with these stock, attached to said C pillar. CA truck and was originally sold in the San Francisco Bay area.

Try wescoperformance.com They will set you up with the type and color that you want.

Thanks! I will try that.
My cruiser is a 1985 HJ60. We have very strict rules here in Denmark so it is virtually impossible to change the body and install retractable ones.

Do not believe a non retractable three point seat was ever offered in the US market. Possible out of a 40 series LX model in brown but those were never imported to the US and are rare every where. First rear three point seat offered in the US was in the 89 FJ62 and were retractable. Would help your search if you said model and year you have. In the US earlier than 89 60/62 series install the retractable style.

They were available on 1988 FJ62 Models in the U.S. I'm not sure what month they switched over in 88. But I've owned two different U.S. spec'd 1988 FJ62s with non retractable seat belts. I might have a set but I won't know until the end of May. I have a truck sitting at my parents but I don't know which seat belts it has. I have a set of retractables waiting to go in it in case it has the non-retractables.

They were available on 1988 FJ62 Models in the U.S. I'm not sure what month they switched over in 88. But I've owned two different U.S. spec'd 1988 FJ62s with non retractable seat belts. I might have a set but I won't know until the end of May. I have a truck sitting at my parents but I don't know which seat belts it has. I have a set of retractables waiting to go in it in case it has the non-retractables.

Believe the ones sold in 88 with rear three point seats were 89 models. Engine ECU, radio and rear three point seats belts were changes for the 89 model which probably started 8th or 9th month of 88. Just like 8/87 were 88 model FJ62s.

Non-retractable rear 3-point seatbelts were also offered in the Gen1 4Runners. But instead of attaching to the c-pillar, they attached to the roll bar because the top was fiberglass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom