Looking for 24 volt winches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
Alright, it seems that finding a 24 volt winch in the US is not that easy. If you have bought one here please post where you found it and at what price point please.

Thanks

Joe

i have like 6 of them and have been hunting a way to make them 12 volt. they are warn and come off military H1s. i can hook you up cheap on one.

i have like 6 of them and have been hunting a way to make them 12 volt. they are warn and come off military H1s. i can hook you up cheap on one.

I had those like 20 years ago,I could buy them real cheap back then but they always came without the controller or the relais pack.

Trying to fit it in a ARB bumper and I think those Warn M12000's are to big for that.

You can always shoot me a pm with price,I have more then one 24V cruiser ;)

yeah, thats the same issue i have. no controller. have you considered hydraulic?

For your 70 series? Why not 8274?

On the Superwinch Husky, the 12V and 24V both use the same part number wired controller. The motor and relay/contactor need to be of the chosen voltage. Motors and Albright Contactor packs are fairly easy to chase down in both voltages.

The old 8274 that came 24V uses 12V relays/solenoids. The relays are wired in series (cross) to flip the polarity of the 24V to power the winch in or out. The 12V relays/solenoids on the 24V are a 'little strange' in that one pair is fully isolated and the other pair obtains ground through the case.

My Patrol was originally 24V and I rewired the vehicle to 12V (using 12V alternator/starter/bulbs/fan motor/wiper motor etc etc.) and THEN I rewired the 8274 for 12V relay operation and REPLACED the 24V motor with a 12V motor.

cheers,
george.

Engo sells a 9k 24v winch with synthetic cable but you need to call them directly. I love mine.;)

I put one of those prowinch 24v winches on one of my last cruisers and it functioned fine the few times I used it, it wasnt avaliable with synthetic cable which is why i went with the engo on my 75. They can be had directly at prowinch.com or on ebay.

+1 on the ENGO, the owner/distributor lives across the river in Washington and was very accommodating when I needed to source a 24v motor for mine. Good price and it fits just fine in an ARB. Joe is it a new or 'old' style ARB? I'm sure a fat 12k Warn would fit in mine....

+1 on the ENGO, the owner/distributor lives across the river in Washington and was very accommodating when I needed to source a 24v motor for mine. Good price and it fits just fine in an ARB. Joe is it a new or 'old' style ARB? I'm sure a fat 12k Warn would fit in mine....

This is for a customers truck so new arb, for my next 2 builds I have a old style arb with Aisin 24 v winch and an aluminium TJM where I will install a 24 v converted Warn 8274 in ;)

I went 24v converted 8274 but if cash was an issue I would go ComeUp for sure, they have a couple options and can be easily forward mounted in the ARB bumper.

I just bought a Pierce 9000lb winch a couple of weeks ago.
PS654 Series (Electric) Winches
I selected the PSW654-8 in 24V (8in wide drum, 88lbs without cable & fairlead, 21 3/4 inches wide). Currently, modifying my bumper to accept this winch. It cost $960 before shipping, plus I still need to pick up ~100 ft of synthetic 3/8in rope which will be another ~$100. Also, the website did not appear to have an option for ordering the 24V model so I called and they built it that day for me. It arrived in 3 business days.

FYI The fitment has been a challenge. It fit nicely down between the frame rails which will reduce blockage of the radiator. But I designed my bumper wrong; it snugs the grill too much. To fix this, I had to create a box that extends in front of the bumper. I hope to get back on it this weekend so I might have some pictures in a few days.

I have a ComeUp 24v in my 77 with an ARB, fits without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom