Looking at an LC200 in Wilmington, anyone available to help inspect? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like it. I agree the rust needs to be treated when you have a chance, but as long as the systems work, you should be in for no more than your time and elbow grease. Those weld areas seem to be particularly prone to rusting earlier than other areas of the frame.

Be prepared for sticker shock when you get prices for replacing the bumper cover (or bumper, depending on which decision you make). That's a n odd place for a crack; they usually fail at the outer, upper edge, near the wheel well. The retaining clips and mating tabs on the bumper cover are woefully inadequate.

I like it. I agree the rust needs to be treated when you have a chance, but as long as the systems work, you should be in for no more than your time and elbow grease. Those weld areas seem to be particularly prone to rusting earlier than other areas of the frame.

Be prepared for sticker shock when you get prices for replacing the bumper cover (or bumper, depending on which decision you make). That's a n odd place for a crack; they usually fail at the outer, upper edge, near the wheel well. The retaining clips and mating tabs on the bumper cover are woefully inadequate.
Thanks for the helpful reply! I will update this thread if/when I get the rig.

Its Official!!!

enablement engaged.jpg

download (1).jpeg

Congratulations !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom