Looking at a MY2015 Tundra, how's this rust look? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pics from underneath a Tundra that is from the NE. Seem about right or avoid?

20211011_103319.jpg

20211011_103336.jpg

20211011_103328.jpg

20211011_103305.jpg

20211011_103248.jpg

As a PA resident, I see nothing that would stop me from buying it...

That's a lot worse than my 2008 that I owned from new and sold in 2018. But I don't think it's terrible. If there's a drop in bed liner, make sure you check underneath it.

Personally, I'm not buying anything with rust, but I understand that circumstances are a bit different right now.

this level of pre-mature corrosion on MY 2015 is 110 % more advanced then MY 2005 SUPER HILUX , 2004 TUNDRA access cab 4WD , 2002 Pre-runner DIFFLOCKER

and finally 1983 FJ43L-KC Columbia Spec.

i notice you have ZERO TOYOTA DEALERSHIP Applied 50 states region l USA Spec. Campaign / Recall ANTI Corrosion treatment applied anywhere under chassis ?

There IS a Active Capaine and recall program currently for TUNDRa and TACOMA for RUST issues especially FRAMES

- THIS IS A HUGE RED FLAG ?

- This is the #1 and ONLY SOLE reason MY 2015 Tundra has this unusual Advanced Corrasion levels it does based on your very good and well documented TECH photos

u need to educate your self on ALL toyota modern dealer advanced corrosion rules and protocols , GET street smart fast , and know your rights 100% rock solid too

the end game if this rust issue is simply left alone to fester naturally as is , will be in my opinion : the truck frame , chassis and or suspension components or any combo of all 3 WILL have a major failure make the vehicle NON drivable in under 3 years on MY 2015 TUNDRa ..........

capital members have various and diverse line up of Toyota vehicle platforms

i hope u now have some more 411 to better serve
MY 2015 tundra

matt

Last edited:
this level of pre-mature corrosion on your 2015 is 110 % more advanced then MY 2005 SUPER HILUX , 2004 TUNDRA access cab 4WD , 2002 Pre-runner DIFFLOCKER

and finally 1983 FJ43L-KC Columbia Spec.

i notice you have ZERO TOYOTA DEALERSHIP Applied 50 states region l USA Spec. Campaign / Recall ANTI Corrosion treatment applied anywhere under chassis ?

- THIS IS A HUGE RED FLAG ?

- This is the #1 and ONLY SOLE reason your 2015 Tundra has this unusual Advanced Corrasion levels it does based on your very good and well documented TECH photos

- my strong and 1st suggestion is : CALL 1-800-GOTOYOTA right now tonight and start a CASE # on all any issues u have going on additional to and including the entire ALL facts disclosed advanced corrosion issue ............

- if you do not start this process sooner rather then later , your benefits of what ever Toyota does offers to do , or refuses to do or wonts do , will change radically

of the course of a very short time window to be clear

u need to educate your self on ALL toyota modern dealer advanced corrosion rules and protocols , GET street smart fast , and know your rights 100% rock solid too

the end game if this rust issue is simply left alone to fester naturally as is , will be in my opinion : the truck frame , chassis and or suspension components or any combo of all 3 WILL have a major failure make the vehicle NON drivable in under 3 years ..........

i am being very serious , and not kidding in any way here , i also am NOT and would never try to make you FRET either please understand , i simply care about my fellow

capital members and there various and diverse line up of Toyota vehicle platforms

i hope u now have some more 411 to better serve your 2015 tundra

matt :)
Uh, it doesn’t look like it’s his truck yet. He’s looking at a truck from the NE, and that strikes me as about right for a truck from, say, Mass. Not sure how we can hold Toyota liable for our decision to coat the streets in acid precursor….
Also not sure why one would consider a NE truck if it wasn’t a screaming deal or just too convenient to resist.

Uh, it doesn’t look like it’s his truck yet. He’s looking at a truck from the NE, and that strikes me as about right for a truck from, say, Mass. Not sure how we can hold Toyota liable for our decision to coat the streets in acid precursor….
Also not sure why one would consider a NE truck if it wasn’t a screaming deal or just too convenient to resist.

the title of the THREAD is " Looking at MY 2015 Tundra

i don't interpret any of his words as he is looking to possibly buy it ?

he mentions avoiding it , but that can be taken a few different ways in the first image , like not hitting his head on the bottom spare tire 😆

TOYOTA Motor Corp. USA has a active tundra and Tacoma chassis and frame rust recall , and service campaign program that involved and involves the dealership applying

the anti RUST and CORROSION treatment after the PDI Pre delivery Inspection at the dealer body shop in house , PRIOR to ANY final delivery to the new car sales customer

remember toyota dealers are SHADY ,........
FACT !

some dealers DO not PDI the treetment , and then UPsell it to the customer much like a TRD exhaust option , however TOYOTA motor sales pays the dealers to apply it to each one prior to a sale of that said tundra or Tacoma

- they double dip ...

- thet some how get away with this using a " We will applys a extra layer or a 2nd coating for you at no charge or for a extra charge

reason they are not treated at the factory prior to dealership deliver ny car carrier transport for example or AUTO trains etc .....

is related to Environmental regulations i do not fully understand

so .......

MY 2015 TUNDRA should should darn well walk the other way on " this particular " MY 2015 TUNDRA he is thinking about buying .........

this particular 2015 TUNDRA some how slipped thru the cracks on the dealer applied treatment in my opinion ...........

no other explanation i can think of ?

thanks for the clarification @mdcoa ........ :)

see you at fall crawl .........

matt

Good morning and thanks for the responses, it's been helpful. To clarify, this is not my truck and when I said "MY", I meant Model Year. I was hesitant when I saw the CarFax said VT and CT, that's why I asked for the underside pics to confirm my beliefs. I think you all provided enough insight that it seems I should stay clear of this purchase.

It is worse than my 2015. If it’s a good price It would not scare me off. Just get it rust coated. Just to be clear Not rubberized undercoated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom