Looking at a 100 Series - Few problems (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok. I talked to the owner last night. He took the truck to the dearlership for a check-up. Hi tone horn needs replacement - $268.

The dealership quoted $968 to repair the leaking CV joints, which seemed high in comparison to some other threads on Mud about CV boot replacement, so I'm not sure if the dealership quoted to replace the CV joings.

The other thing that came up from the dealership was that there was a little play in one of the front wheels. Recommended an alignment at $250.

Any comments on whether this all seems pretty normal maintenance issues, or indication of a looming nightmare?

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

A HORN for $268!?!?!?!

An Alignment at $250!?!?!?!?

~$1000 for CV Boots?!?!?!

Really?

First, the horn can be replaced w/ aftermarket for under $40 and it won't sound like a Honda. Go to a pick-n-pull yard and get one for $10. They're stupid-high on that if they're just replacing a horn and not the clock spring in the steering wheel. I'm glad they upgraded the horns on the 06/07! :D

Alignments are under $80 at most tire stores and usually around $60. I just got a coupon from one of my local Toyota dealers for a 4-wheel alignment @ $59. Also, an alignment will NOT fix and "play" in the front suspension or steering system. That would require much more than an alignment...

For $1000, I would hope that they were quoting a full replacement of the CV shafts on both sides and included a front bearing repack as well.

Last edited:
BAWHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

A HORN for $268!?!?!?!

An Alignment at $250!?!?!?!?

~$1000 for CV Boots?!?!?!

Really?

That's exactly what I thought. No worries though, I plan on taking it to my local dealership for any repair work. I'm sure the prices will be significantly different.

Those quotes made for some good negiotiation on the final price.

Those quotes made for some good negiotiation on the final price.

Exactly what I was thinking. Negotiate and tell him you can take care of those items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom