Look familiar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looks like fun! It also looks like the walmart parking lot in Cullowhee where they are gathered. . . . I think the secret is really getting out fellas.

jfz80 got a new GPS unit with mapping software. We were looking at topo maps the other weekend and we "think" we found what some of the locals told me was a trail that runs from the top of speedwell road all the way to Franklin! I hope to be able to go and find out some time in the next couple of months.

we "think" we found what some of the locals told me was a trail that runs from the top of speedwell road all the way to Franklin! I hope to be able to go and find out some time in the next couple of months.

That sounds cool, hopefully it works out.

looks like fun! It also looks like the walmart parking lot in Cullowhee where they are gathered. . . . I think the secret is really getting out fellas.

jfz80 got a new GPS unit with mapping software. We were looking at topo maps the other weekend and we "think" we found what some of the locals told me was a trail that runs from the top of speedwell road all the way to Franklin! I hope to be able to go and find out some time in the next couple of months.

time for some exploring :cheers:

My dad has grown up in the area, and done a good bit of wheeling. I know that he knows of the trails that you're talking about, and remember him telling me that such a road/trail existed, so I'll ask him if it is there, where it is, and try to see if it's still open. Going up this weekend anyway, may be a good maiden voyage for my truck :drive: If so, I may need to borrow a GPS so I can track it for the UC... I'll keep everyone posted.

Talked to Dad tonight. He said that the road from Franklin to Speedwell used to be a good wheeling trail. But he and a friend went on it about 3 years ago, and it was gravel all the way, and cutting through neighborhoods... So, yes it might be there and open, but I doubt it's anything other than beautiful scenery... Let me know if that's still the case, or if you find anything else.

time for some exploring :cheers:

Let me know when you get to a date, I've got a Need for Whee!

But give me some warning, there have been mandatory work days every other Saturday.

b

Let me know when you get to a date, I've got a Need for Whee!

But give me some warning, there have been mandatory work days every other Saturday.

b

For sure Bill. It won't be until at least July for me. :frown:

Yeah, well, I won't have a lot of free w/e's until then myself; Bonnaroo in Mid-June, Croatia first two weeks of July. But after that . . .

BTW the Carolina Beach sand run is next weekend, i.e. Memorial Day w/e, anybody interested is welcome.
Two or three of the LC Cruiser crowd coming, plus maybe our token jeepster.
See Low Country Cruisers site for more info.
b

Works for me! I've put it on the calendar.

b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom