Longer tail gate struts?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there, New here this is my first ever post.
Are there any struts out there that are longer then the factory 80 series struts. The tailgate just doesn’t exactly go high enough and I constantly hit my head whenever I’m under the tailgate
Cheers, Ash

Hi there, New here this is my first ever post.
Are there any struts out there that are longer then the factory 80 series struts. The tailgate just doesn’t exactly go high enough and I constantly hit my head whenever I’m under the tailgate
Cheers, Ash
Do a search on here for McMaster Carr struts and you'll find there is a given part number and rate. You'll also need to buy some thin nuts. All part numbers are given as well as a procedure.

I had the same issue, but now mine is nice and high and I don't hit my head anymore.

It will make.it so the wind deflector almost hits the roof.

If you have an aftermarket roof rack, you may have interference.

This is a mod I didn’t know I needed, but now I can’t live without. I’m 6-5, so I hit my head on everything. Does anyone have a pic of this set up in the fully open position? I couldn’t find one in any of the threads I searched.

I thought I had a pic but I don't.

I'm 6'-1" and I can stand and touch 8 ft.

I have 33" tires and a 2.5" OME lift. I reach up to about 90" (7'-6") to grab the edge of my top door hatch. I cannot "just open it" inside the garage or it will bang into the garage door.

My wife cannot reach it now, but she doesn't drive it.

The air deflector on mine clears the roof by about 1/32".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom