Long time no see guys... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tabraha

Hello My Name is: TAD
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey gang. Been awhile but I'm going to make an attempt to get out to a couple events this year. Just filled the form out to "Join" UC. It's been so long I figured "Renew" didn't apply. Anyhow hope everyone's doing well. Looks like a good many new faces since I was around.

Also, the store is down on the uc website so someone tell me where to send PayPal to and $ amount for a family membership.

Pic from my last ride with UC, Caney Fork 2006!!!!!!
PICT2030.jpg

-Tad Abraham

Welcome back...I think you might have been on my first UC ride.
It was Feb. 2008 at the Whee.

Long time no see. Hope Allison well and hope to make a trip your on as well. Is the LX470 still rocking the Swampers?

Caney Fork

Was not aware of the ride to Caney Fork, was that the Caney Fork in Tennessee cause the mountains sure look similar if not the same. Doc, escapee from Tennessee!!!!;)

Caney fork is at Cullowhee, NC around Silva

Caney fork is at Cullowhee, NC around Silva

Caney fork in Tennessee is crossed 5 times by I 40 between Cookevill and Nashville, and in the eastern part those mountains could be twins. Thanks for the info David:bounce:

Whoops! I posted and then had to get on the road for a bit LOL. Yep, still put the swampers on from time to time.

JP, thought about trying to sneak over there this weekend. I'm out of town most of this week so it depends on what I walk back in to when I get back in to the office/house. We've got a new pond under construction at our place also so I'm anxious to get back and check it over this weekend.

Gonna crank up an old thread here. I use To live about two miles from Caney Fork rd, and when I was an off road driving instructor for the Land Rover school at Biltmore, we use to take a trip or two up through Caney Fork to the lower and upper balds and back out Moses creek for training days, and of course my personal stuff. I distinctly remember the week that was closed up there. The final straw was when some local dip $h@& goons took a concrete saw and epoxied a granite plaque into on of the rocks on the upper bald to “commemorate deddy” (their words) and spread his ashes. They told the story how “deddy” hunted up there from his truck because he was disabled. I went off on them! I told Them this is the kind off stupid $h!t that causes gates to go up!! Needless to say that got tense. Guess what? Two weeks later we heard rumors they had dozers up there tank trapping and building a parking lot. We all know what forest service lots mean. A gate. And we were right. Yeah it’s prolly coincidence on the timing. But then again it coulda been the final straw. I’m just curious with some of the recent advocacy Upstate Cruisers has accomplished with opening gates to secret spots if that could be achieved at Caney Fork. Just a thought for this am

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom