LoJack'd my Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to let ya know I have had LoJack installed in 4 of my Cruiser. They actaully came out to my house and installed them. After having a Cruiser stolen last year and more and more Cruisers stolen in my area we decided LoJack was the best way to protect/recover our Cruisers if ever stolen. Its a very simple system and was no problem installing even in a fj40. I also added on 3 of them the Early Warning feature that calls and emails you if your Cruiser is moved without you(actaully without the key fob) in it, I like this because I have more than one Cruiser.

Check it out at http://www.lojack.com/index.cfm

I am not trying to pimp LoJack but it will recover your cruiser if stolen. Its newish to WA, but the cops are loving it as they know when they get a car theft and the car has Lojack in it they WILL catch the scum who stole it..........and prolly recover some more cars at the same time.

Short version of how it works. When your car is stolen, you report it to the police, they enter it in there system as stolen, this activates the Lojack unit in your car and it puts out a radio signal. Local and state police cars/planes ect are equipted with LoJack recivers(range is 5+ miles) when a cop picks up the signal the unit in his car tells him which way the signal is........so he can close in on it. LOJack works in parking garages and under tree cover....where GPS doesn't. Not all areas are covered by LoJack, they are adding more areas all the time. There is NO monthly or yearly fee. You pay once and thats it. About 1/2 the cars recovered the owners don't even know they have a Lojack, they bought the car from someone who had it installed years ago........but it doesn't matter it still works.

Just last week there was an Acura stolen up north of me in an area where the local cops don't have LoJack installed in their cars yet. But a Tacoma cop happens to live in this area and he had a Lojack reciever in his car.........on the way home he got a signal, he called the State Patrol(who I think all have units) and they raided the place where the car was........see picking up a signal lets them get a warant to search the house and property ;) Car was recovered in less than a day, the doors had been takin off and that was it, owner of the car had no idea it had a LoJack unit :) Most cars are found undamaged and within 24hours

if you happen to live in WA State and own a Cruiser I have aranged some VERY special pricing(not quite 1/2 of retail, just a bit over cost and no one discounts LoJack) thru Connie.........who I had sign up as a LoJack dealer(thru the car lot she works at) And yes I got mine at cost :) FWIW cost is $345, retail is $695, she will charge $420 for Cruiser owners. There are other options(like early warning is Cruiserhead cost of $225) you can get and they are also discounted for Cruiser owners. Connie makes NOTHING on this, she had her fj62 stolen last year and it SUCKED, she(and I) don't want this to happen to others, so thats why she is doing this. Even at retail I believe its worth doing. Bad news is Connie is changing jobs soon, she is hoping to become a LoJack dealer at the new place(powersports dealers) but she isn't sure if she can as its not in a active LoJack area.

So if anyone is interesed PM me and I'll put you in touch with Connie. But even if your not in WA........think about getting a LoJack unit.

any questions I will try to answer, I picked the installers brain today to a few hours ;)

again Connie or I make NOTHING on this!

John H

John, that's probably a pretty good idea, since your lot is like a supermarket, and you've posted a lot about your cruisers on line. I'm not too worried about my truck, but I often wonder if folks interested in stealing particular trucks check out bulletin boards to do some shopping? :-\

And Connie gets a big :-* for doing the discount thing! :D Sounds like the folks in your area could use it.

yeah I wondered that myself...its possible but doubtfull....car thiefs arn't the shinest coins in the pond and unless they were shoping for a specific car I can't see a tweaker browsing the net......but ya never know do ya? I'm not to the point of blacking out my license plates on pics............yet ;)

[quote author=Jman link=board=1;threadid=11182;start=msg101196#msg101196 date=1076208014]
John, that's probably a pretty good idea, since your lot is like a supermarket, and you've posted a lot about your cruisers on line. I'm not too worried about my truck, but I often wonder if folks interested in stealing particular trucks check out bulletin boards to do some shopping? :-\

And Connie gets a big :-* for doing the discount thing! :D Sounds like the folks in your area could use it.
[/quote]

I wanted to get lojack for my cruiser but the police in the city I live in and the cities around me don't offer it. What a rip off :(

Hopefully the thieven bastards don't come up with a lowjack detector that tells you where the low jack is installed on the vehicle. You don't mess with another mans car. That should be a life sentence. :D

The JACK is based off of radi signals. That On star system uses sataliet technology. Well, if your rig is stolen and hidden INSIDE they have a hard time to not being able to find it.

Hey Pimpster, I definately want one in my HZJ-60. When Im ready I'll bug you about it.

TB

Is it only going to work on the wet-side? I am in Yakivegas,... not exactly a metro area.
Thanks
WILL

The 1st time of hearing of LoJack was several months ago online. I don't think this area I live in covers it.
I have not had a problem yet of people trying to drive off with my Cruiser, but i've had it ripped off. Both times I had the doors unlocked. The first one was when thieves came in and ripped off the whole neighborhood in one night. Grabbed parts, cash, jewelry, tools, and whatever they could get their hands on. It was back when my mom owned this. Second time was at a beach when I was sleeping in back. My window was down and they took my wallet and glasses. This was a part of my stupidity. I've had my Cruiser peeked into several times though.
Anyways, I doubt my Cruiser would get stolen. People down here are mostly in it for money or joyriding. They'd just break into it and steal things if they needed money.
There are not much Cruisers or owners demanding parts, or much people up in the mainland looking for parts for Cruisers. I only know one person under 25 who drives a 80 series down here. I know of about 15 80 series down here on the west side. So typically, there is a slim chance that my Cruiser is going to be stolen and stripped for parts. Unless they want some crap and interior parts. If they were to joy ride then I would consider a different vehicle. If my Cruiser was locked, then they would need to break a window, get in, and then find the wires to connect or jam something into my ignition. This is fairly done easy, but some one would really need to be desperate to try and attempt this. It is possible though.

But I will look into this LoJack and ask my friends if they would like to inastall this at their shop. Thanks for the info though...

I don't think the have it set up in eastern WA, from what I know its the I-5 corador and then branching off from there, Kitsap is getting it I believe and its off the I-5 corador.......so who knows?

LoJack outfits the cop cars at no cost to the police

[quote author=willsta2000 link=board=1;threadid=11182;start=msg101339#msg101339 date=1076231342]
Is it only going to work on the wet-side? I am in Yakivegas,... not exactly a metro area.
Thanks
WILL
[/quote]

John-

What does the transmitter look like? Is it easy to install or does it have to be installed by LoJack folks? Right now my cruiser is safe in the Iowa cornfields but I may be heading west in another year, is the signal good if you move from one spot to another?

Makes a lot of sense, my brother in law is a cop and he says it is really the only good chance they have of getting your vehicle back unharmed and catching the sissy's who nabbed it.

Drew <><

PS How is the fj45 wagon coming along? Coolest rig in your stable if you ask me. :D

LoJack unit is the size of a deck of cards. Must be installed by a LoJack tech(as well as install they teast the unit, and set it up wtih your VIN) The same Lojack will work any place that is set up with LoJack in cop cars. Unit can not move from one car to another however.

Connie told me her insurance rates went WAY down after she sent the paperwork to her carrier, something like 30%(for the comp part) I asked my idiot agent to check on discounts and she said Unigard doesn't offer one........but I think she is a moron and bet she didnt even check, she had never heard of LoJack......I want my old agent back :(

there are two different parts to what I had installed, the LoJack unit which transmits a signal when reported stolen, the cop cars pick up this signal. And the Early Warning which works with a radio towers, it picks ups a different signal when your car moves and you(or the little key fob) are not in the car, this does not report to police, it calls and/or emails you, and you then(if stolen) report it to the police, then they enter it into the system and the LoJack transmitter is activated. So unless reported stolen the LoJack just sits in your Cruiser and never sends a signal.

So if I am at my office(or on the beach in Fiji or whereever) and get a call/email that my one of my Cruisers is moving.....I call the cops, LoJack is activated and they go get my Cruiser. But if I hop in one of the Cruisers, forget the key fob....I will get a call/email.....but its no biggy as its me driving it, so I don't call the cops, LoJack is not activated.

I hope I never have to find out myself how well the system works.

[quote author=Drew <>< link=board=1;threadid=11182;start=msg101490#msg101490 date=1076269113]
John-

What does the transmitter look like? Is it easy to install or does it have to be installed by LoJack folks? Right now my cruiser is safe in the Iowa cornfields but I may be heading west in another year, is the signal good if you move from one spot to another?

Makes a lot of sense, my brother in law is a cop and he says it is really the only good chance they have of getting your vehicle back unharmed and catching the sissy's who nabbed it.

Drew <><

PS How is the fj45 wagon coming along? Coolest rig in your stable if you ask me. :D
[/quote]

A little update. I tested out the LoJack early warning system, I left the key fob for the 40 at home........15min latter I got a call on my cell phone letting me know my Cruiser was on the road and that it might have been stolen, it wasn't of course. But i was pretty impressed at how that works. Also had an email from Lojack as well saying the same thing.

Hey Pimp,...

I will be at the swap meet tomorrow,... if by some stroke of luck you read this...
I, and my father, in particular, are interested in getting LoJack'd. Is your sis still setup to hook a brutha up??? I'll try and give you a call while in Pooyloop.

WILL

Hey Landpimp, arent you afraid of "Big Brother" knowing where you are at all times? ;)

Id rather not have the any private or goverment system watching where I am at any given moment! :D

I have definitely heard of the usefullness of this product. When I used to sell cars, we sold many lojak units.. several customers called back w/ thanks when their new Caddy's, BMWs etc.. were stolen.

Mike

Will, been there and back already, sorry :(

Connies(is NOT my sis but my girlfreind, this aint buckly! ;) last day at work was thursday........so no more LoJacks at least untill she gets set up at the new place(Brothers Powersports)

when she gets hooked back up I'll let ya know.

John

[quote author=willsta2000 link=board=1;threadid=11182;start=msg116626#msg116626 date=1078640942]
Hey Pimp,...

I will be at the swap meet tomorrow,... if by some stroke of luck you read this...
I, and my father, in particular, are interested in getting LoJack'd. Is your sis still setup to hook a brutha up??? I'll try and give you a call while in Pooyloop.

WILL
[/quote]

does not use an external antenna, it only transmits anyway.

John

[quote author=Trevor link=board=1;threadid=11182;start=msg116659#msg116659 date=1078663980]
Does it tie into the existing antennae, or does it have it's own?
[/quote]

don't bother me, AFAIK it doesn't track you unless you report it stolen....but who knows with Big Brother..........;)

[quote author=offcamber40 link=board=1;threadid=11182;start=msg116744#msg116744 date=1078682154]
Hey Landpimp, arent you afraid of "Big Brother" knowing where you are at all times? ;)

Id rather not have the any private or goverment system watching where I am at any given moment! :D

I have definitely heard of the usefullness of this product. When I used to sell cars, we sold many lojak units.. several customers called back w/ thanks when their new Caddy's, BMWs etc.. were stolen.

Mike
[/quote]

does low-jack have a website to see for coverage area's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom