Logan's Cruiser - and Now The Rest of the Story (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spend some time trying to get the fender aligned and back on. it's close but, still pretty tweaked. i need to weld on a tab where the fender meets the front valance. we got the wiper arms (front and rear) cleaned, painted and loaded with new blades. also rebuild the drivers mirror. Joe stopped by for a little bit to check things out.

IMG_20170730_201752507.jpg

snap ring came in yesterday. I reassembled the output extension but, haven't installed it. The fan and Control arm bushings should arrive tomorrow, I will get started back on it then. On the bright side i have some sinus pressure and didn't felt like working on it today anyway. I have always heard that timing is everything :)

Last edited:
We got the transfer case is all buttoned up. next on the list is to get the exhaust welded back up.

I never heard the fed-ex truck, but got an email stating package was delivered. nothing on the porch, it was dark so i walked to the mailbox and the box was in sitting next to it. I guess the Fed-ex driver saw Daisy in the yard in "free range mode" dropped the box and backed away. I am sure she was just asking to be petted.

Onur, thanks for the "extra" I'll make sure some are on/ in Logan's Cruiser.

We got the transfer case is all buttoned up. next on the list is to get the exhaust welded back up.

I never heard the fed-ex truck, but got an email stating package was delivered. nothing on the porch, it was dark so i walked to the mailbox and the box was in sitting next to it. I guess the Fed-ex driver saw Daisy in the yard in "free range mode" dropped the box and backed away. I am sure she was just asking to be petted.

Onur, thanks for the "extra" I'll make sure some are on/ in Logan's Cruiser.

My poor puppy wouldn't hurt a fly. She's a great respectable front yard free-range chicken.

got the exhaust bolted up and mostly welded back up where i had to cut. I can't get the head of my MIG up over the pipe to get the last inch, while laying on the ground with the sun shinning into my helmet, while trying to hold a mirror.. i'll just stop here and say Looks like a trip over to Henry's to me. Plus the problematic O2 bung is leaking, just going to get a new one at this point. need to get some fluids swapped out next.

got the Drive shaft installed and all lubed up. Also got the Radiator Fan installed. will start on the control arm bushings and fender in the AM. Jonathan dropped off some oil for the transfer case. Just need some ATF and Diff fluid now.

post # 2 has the current task list.

IMG_20170804_192704948.jpg

IMG_20170804_192720287.jpg

Eric, I have to work in the morning, then I'll bring the ATF and gear oil over! I can also bring my brazing setup if you think it'd help to finish up the exhaust.....

I will be heading over to Eric's house on Sunday to help with the remaining issues. If anyone wants to join, a few extra hands will make this go much faster. The ToDo list is still pretty long.

thanks Joe, I have i have Oxygen/Acetylene torch as well. I think will be much easier to fix on a lift.

I could give 8 bottles of Toyota tag but may take a while to get there.

I will bring my drain bucket for the radiator. I also have some Toyota red. What is currently in the truck, green or red coolant or can you even tell?

yeah, that's it, it is kind of cloudy color with a hint of haze.... ok, ok, i don't remember exactly it wasn't yellow or green, and i only know 12 other colors, and it wasn't any of them either.

Joe dropped off some fluid this morning about the same time i was getting started. we put fresh fluid in the T-case, and ran it through the high and low center diff on/off everything was functioning as it should at least while sitting on jack stands. Pulled the plug on the Transmission and then added back 4 new quarts ( need to run it a little bit and repeat process). We Drained and replaced fluid in front/rear axle. a small about of filing attached to the magnetic drain plugs, but nothing of concern. the first couple ounces of fluid we a bit dirty, bad cleaned up after that. upon inspection of the hubs the grease was a little thin for me. decided to repack the hub bearing, once we removed the calibers there was about 3lb of drag on the fish scale, differently loose. New grease in the bearings the the hubs are now showing about 10 lb of drag. so tires are all back on. i work on the fender for a bit and got it as straight as i could while still holding the corner light. I bolted a couple tabs together and then spot welded them to the fender and valance in case they need to come apart sometime in the future. tightened up the alternator belt, while there i noticed the a length of heater hose (generic bypass hose replacement) resting on the alt bracket and it was almost completely rubbed through, ran down and got a molded hose to install. I can say i did crawl under the vehicle and hit the rear control arms and axle with the pressure washer then applied some more PB buster on the control arm bolt, but that is as far as i got today. So i guess i'll start with the control arms again tomorrow morning. It was an nice day to be outside though.

IMG_20170805_193237990.jpg

Last edited:
We can work on the bushings tomorrow. I'm bringing OE NGK spark plugs.

Jonathan came over and helped today, we install the by-pass radiator hose. installed new spark plug, added Freon to the A/C, Changed the Oil. replaced filter, flushed the cooling system, changed out the fan clutch fluid, rerouted power wire for the Amp. so we can install proper drain tube for the A/C box, replaced the lower control arm bushings. pimped out the axles with some fresh black paint. touched up some white primer spots with some sort of gray paint. took it for a test ride around the neighbor hood. re bleed the brakes. I'm tired, don't remember anything else.

Thanks Jonathan for all the assistance today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom